• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emily chicken x

elmoandfern

Mama Doe
Emily had been battling illness for about a month now, she had started to show an improvement and was eating and drinking on her own and even coming down out of the coop on nice days. We were looking into finding a better vet for her to try some more treatments to get her back to 100%. She seemed a little off first thing this morning and when I checked on her an hour later she was gone :(

I'm sorry for failing you Emily, I hope you went peacefully and enjoyed your time with us. I miss you already, and I hope you know you were never 'just a chicken' to me.

I hope you and Grumpy are flying free at the bridge xxx

IMG_3421_zps330c79bd.jpg

IMG_5048_zps3b643fee.jpg

IMG_3689_zps2d57a87d.jpg

d34a34c5-9d13-479b-be67-baa2d0e0fc95_zpse69dc983.jpg

What a pretty chicken, scratch free at the bridge Emily. Looking at those pics it doesn't seem you failed her at all. They all look happy & have lots of space. Sorry for your loss x

How sad :cry:

I'm sorry she's gone :oops: she had a fabulous life with you, you provided her with lots of freedom and the life chickens should have ......I hope grumpy has met her at rainbow bridge and they are clucking together as we speak :wave:

((((Hugs)))) for you too :wave:

Thank you everyone. She was such a character, always sprinting past the others to get to treats first and snatching grapes out of her sisters' beaks :love: I miss her so much already :(

:cry: I'm so sorry she didn't make it. But she looked like she had a very happy life with you and her friends xx

Back