• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elyse is Very Ill :-(- U/D 8th June Another Problem :-(

Sending some vibes for Elyse. Sorry I'm not here often to top them up, but know I'm always sending them xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Keep on keepin' on Elyse :love: We're all in your corner, sweetheart! ((((((Healing vibes))))))) xxxxx

Sending continuing to improve vibes. I know she is getting the very best care with you. I've never forgotten how helpful you were a couple of years ago when Bramble had a bad respiratory infection and we thought we might lose her x

Oh the darling! :love: What is she eating in that bowl, Jane? Sounds very munchy and crunchy. :)
It's not of any use, really, but Mimzy has had breathing like that for much of the last few years. He is currently being treated for an URI himself, but I notice even when he's not snuffly he does this. Can bunnies become accustomed to breathing at this rate even after they've recovered from an illness? My vet seems to think it's no big deal, but maybe we should be looking a bit harder at this. :?

Sending many more healing vibes for lovely Elyse. She sure is a trooper, a brave girl indeed! :love: And hugs for you as I know how exhausting it is to care for an elderly bunny with a serious illness. xxxxx

Oh the darling! :love: What is she eating in that bowl, Jane? Sounds very munchy and crunchy. :)
It's not of any use, really, but Mimzy has had breathing like that for much of the last few years. He is currently being treated for an URI himself, but I notice even when he's not snuffly he does this. Can bunnies become accustomed to breathing at this rate even after they've recovered from an illness? My vet seems to think it's no big deal, but maybe we should be looking a bit harder at this. :?

Sending many more healing vibes for lovely Elyse. She sure is a trooper, a brave girl indeed! :love: And hugs for you as I know how exhausting it is to care for an elderly bunny with a serious illness. xxxxx

Sometimes a Rabbit will have a chronic increased respiratory effort as a result of lung scaring caused by previous infections, amongst other things. But for Elyse her IRE is due to 'active' infection x

She looks very bright and enjoying her food, but can see her breathing still looks a little laboured but sending vibes that improves as well. She is a very sweet girl x

Just popped in to add some more vibes for Elyse. I really hope she is doing better, Jane. xxxxx

Just a quick update as nothing much has changed since yesterday. Within herself Elyse is brighter and she's eating well again. Her output is still not great though . Her respiratory effort is very slightly improved.

She will remain on all her meds and we will take things one day at a time. Oh she is now maintaining her weight which is another small positive :)

Back