• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ella's kitchen baby food

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i want to get a couple of these to keep in should bisc need them. i know people have used the fruit flavours before but it says they contain a dash of lemon juice. is this ok? :?

the other i've seen is carrot flavour. has anyone used that one and is it ok?

which have your buns liked best? :wave:

Lemon juice is ok - it's probably there as a preservative. It won't affect the flavour or babies wouldn't eat it.

I've found that rabbits have individual preferences for flavour. The carrot one is a good standby. Some of mine have preferred one with broccoli or fruity ones. I also have some little tubs of apple / apple and pear / apple and banana. They come in packs of 4 mini pots and are good for mixing up with your usual pellets.

I've currently got:
Ella's Kitchen (pouch) - Sweet potato, broccoli & carrot
Ella's Kitchen (pouch) - Strawberries and apples
Annabel Karmel - sweet potato, pear & broccoli
Cow & Gate (pots) - Apple & banana
Cow & Gate (pots) - Apple & pear

Lemon is perfectly find for rabbits :) (Phoebe would sit and eat a slice if it'd let her).

I've used the carrot one but Daphne doesn't like this one.
We used parsnip, carrot & strawberry? (I can't remember it completely).
Just trial and error should work fine?

Sorry... I've not been very helpful

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

i want to get a couple of these to keep in should bisc need them. i know people have used the fruit flavours before but it says they contain a dash of lemon juice. is this ok? :?

the other i've seen is carrot flavour. has anyone used that one and is it ok?

which have your buns liked best? :wave:

A dash of lemon juice is absolutely fine :D

Carrot, apple, parsnip, bananas ... all good :D

does anyone use it to mix with medicine?

o/h couldn't see any in the local tesco so had to get some juice instead. but he's off to the bigger tesco tomorrow or the next day so hopefully there will be some in there.

does anyone use it to mix with medicine?

o/h couldn't see any in the local tesco so had to get some juice instead. but he's off to the bigger tesco tomorrow or the next day so hopefully there will be some in there.

I often put the medicine in to the syringe, and then draw up a bit of tasty yummy. Then give a bit more in the syringe afterwards just to prove I'm not as mean as it may look :lol:

I often put the medicine in to the syringe, and then draw up a bit of tasty yummy. Then give a bit more in the syringe afterwards just to prove I'm not as mean as it may look :lol:

good idea. might try something like that with bisc. he definitely preferred it with juice so maybe food would be even better and then at least he's getting a bit of extra food aswell which can only be a good thing x

good idea. might try something like that with bisc. he definitely preferred it with juice so maybe food would be even better and then at least he's getting a bit of extra food aswell which can only be a good thing x

:thumb:

Which flavours would you go for?

:thumb:

Which flavours would you go for?

i'm thinking of trying the carrot first. he used to have the odd bit of carrot and carrot tops so hopefully he will like it. he doesn't really have anything sweet so it might be nice for him. and with him wanting more fresh food lately i'm hoping he will approve :love:

i'm thinking of trying the carrot first. he used to have the odd bit of carrot and carrot tops so hopefully he will like it. he doesn't really have anything sweet so it might be nice for him. and with him wanting more fresh food lately i'm hoping he will approve :love:

I have found parsnip very popular with carrot lovers. What does bisc think about parsnips?

Phoebe liked parsnip. Daphne hates it all lol

I always give it cold as easier that way

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I just give it as it is. Usually it's at room temperature (unless half way through a pouch). No complaints so far :thumb:

thanks. the big tesco didn't have carrot flavour either for some reason. i'd have thought it'd be popular. don't they know bunny owners might need it :roll: i'm a bit apprehensive about giving him anything new anyway and the fruit flavours might be even more sweet and sugary so not sure they'd be a bit too much of a risk with his sensitive tummy :?

I've never used any of the baby foods, but I think it must be very easy to make up your own. Someone posted recently about making up a smoothie for her rabbit containing kale, parsley, dandelions and grass. I think you could possibly make up something with some carrots, even using some carrot tops if possible. You could also then be sure that you included items that you know bisc likes.

I've never used any of the baby foods, but I think it must be very easy to make up your own. Someone posted recently about making up a smoothie for her rabbit containing kale, parsley, dandelions and grass. I think you could possibly make up something with some carrots, even using some carrot tops if possible. You could also then be sure that you included items that you know bisc likes.

I make my own for sure, but to make them raw you need a pretty powerful blender so that the result will go easily through a syringe. If it's just for a saucer then yes, it can have lumps and bits remaining :D

None of the fruit varieties have added sugar, but yes they are sweet and if they aren't what bisc is used to then better steer clear.

Chemists and Pharmacies often have lots of baby food :D

Back