• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eliza- U/D Spay Postponed

Thankfully it was a pseudopregnancy.....phew !

However, poor Eliza is absolutely climbing the walls due to being so hormonal. So she is being spayed on Tuesday, all being well.
Then once she has recovered and calmed down a bit I hope to fully bond her with Endeavour. They meet up every day anyway. But as Eliza is DESPERATE to be mated up she wont leave Endeavour alone. She throws herself on her side next to him with her tail in the air and making squeaky sounds. Endeavour is clueless as to what she means and hops off to find something more interesting. So then Eliza chases him, nips his bum and sprays him with wee. Then she does all the 'tail up flopping' again, which Endeavour continues to ignore. There is no aggression between the two of them at all, but I feel that fully bonding them before Eliza is spayed would just make things more difficult than it needs to be.

So vibes for Eliza's spay on Tuesday would be much appreciated xx

Oh dear, poor Endeavour :( I remember Hollie and Rosie living with Herbie pre-spay when spring fever and hormones kicked in. Hollie built a couple of nests and Rosie was so desperate for Herbie's babies that she would reverse into his face and offer herself up :roll: Poor Herbie had no idea what was going on.

I am glad that things are otherwise positive for Eliza and Endeavour. Am sending loads of vibes for Eliza's spay xx

All these poor bun-men, having bun-women throwing themselves at them! My OH would be jealous! :LOL: Best wishes for Eliza :thumb:

Awwwh poor Eliza, those hormones really do drive them mad!

Sending loads of luck for her, i'll be thinking of her tomorrow xx

Eliza's spay is being postponed. She has calmed down over the last couple of days. We dont know her exact age, she could be just 4 months if what we were told is true. C and her Vet Team do not now spay a Doe until they are 6 months of age other than in exceptional circumstances. Feedback from ARC (Rescue) has proved that Does spayed before 6 months of age are much more likely to develop behavioural problems as adults. Also, Eliza is tiny, just over 1.2kg yesterday, so we want to give her more time to mature.

Sorry for this late update, I was ill yesterday.

Seems a very sensible decision. Sending vibes that her hormones stay calm for the time being.

Sending vibes. Poor little Eliza.
Daphne had to be spayed at 16 weeks, and Phoebe at just 12 weeks. Both for aggressive behaviour. I never knew it could affect their adult behaviour so much... but they seem okay?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hoping for all the best as Eliza waits for her spay. I'm still thinking of her squeaking at/spraying Endeavour, how are they doing now?
Sending you some healing vibes too. xxxxx

Thanks everyone

I am keeping Eliza away from Endeavour now as it's only him that gets her 'in the mood' so-to-speak. As soon as she sees him she tail up flops and squeaks :cry:

Back