• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddy & his beautiful reflection

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I've been meaning to show Eddy his reflection in the mirror & it must have been a first for him. He was hilarious.
So I put a huge mirror on the floor against the radiator. First he was doing that stretching head forward whilst hold body back thing, then he got all scared & ran under the table stomping, then he returned (encouraged by herbs) & got a closer look, then manically chinned everything in the vicinity, finally was the futile & relentless searching round the back of the mirror. I'm not sure he twigged it was him:lol: He got a full hours entertainment out of it though

Oh Eddy, naughty mum teasing you :lol: I love it when they do that funny stretchy thing with their head :lol: glad it entertained him :)

Haha, have you tried it with Boo?

Boo sat right in front of it but totally oblivious. However she has seen herself in the mirror back when seeing was a thing for her, albeit attached to me
i.e. all my handable rabbits have been held by me in front of a mirror... not as a regular thing, just some of the time I'd pick them up for pedicures or to be taken outside & we'd take a moment in front of a mirror we passed.

Oh Eddy!

Rabbits and mirrors fascinate me. When they look at the reflection they must at least recognise that it's a bunny staring back at them. But do they think it's another rabbit with a reassuringly familiar smell (i.e their own and hence why they don't kick off) or do they understand the concept of "the self". I.e, do they look at the mirror and think "That's ME!"

Maybe Eddy thought it was another rabbit and the chinning was his way of letting this dashing young stranger know that he needs to keep his paws off his stuff?

Bloody hell, Eddy! You've sent me down a philosophical rabbit hole (pun intended!) with your mirror shenanigans!

Oh Eddy!

Rabbits and mirrors fascinate me. When they look at the reflection they must at least recognise that it's a bunny staring back at them. But do they think it's another rabbit with a reassuringly familiar smell (i.e their own and hence why they don't kick off) or do they understand the concept of "the self". I.e, do they look at the mirror and think "That's ME!"

Maybe Eddy thought it was another rabbit and the chinning was his way of letting this dashing young stranger know that he needs to keep his paws off his stuff?

Bloody hell, Eddy! You've sent me down a philosophical rabbit hole (pun intended!) with your mirror shenanigans!

I know right. I mean animals must see their reflections drinking in a lake. I reckon after a short while he knew it was him but remained a tad distrustful.

Aww Thanks everyone. Reader you need to find a mirror & report back ! In fact everyone with bunnies does

Okay, now that they're all better, I thought I'd try this. They haven't actually noticed the mirror yet, but I'll let you know if they ever do. :lol:

oh dear, pop treats in front of it. I might get the mirror back down, see if the boy has any memory of it :lol:

oh dear, pop treats in front of it. I might get the mirror back down, see if the boy has any memory of it :lol:
Casper has discovered the mirror. He was very curious and now each time he walks past it he takes some time to check out his reflection. One time he did a half binky away from it. :lol: I don't think he's really figured out that he's looking at himself yet, though. Sophie hasn't found the mirror yet, but I think I'll try again tomorrow as it's getting a bit dark now. I'll see if some treats will get her to notice it then. And, yes, see if Eddy remembers the mirror. :lol:

Before I put the mirror away, Sophie found it, but the strange bunny in the mirror scared her! She ran away and then sat looking at it for quite a while from a distance, before running away again. The next time she saw it she seemed more curious than scared, though, and seemed more interested in the bunny, so I'm very proud of her for conquering her fear. :love:

aw brilliant, well done brave Sophie Sausage . I think I'd be dancing if I looked in the mirror & saw a bunny as handsome as Casper

Zoobec - photos especially difficult for me as kept getting me in them:lol:

Back