• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drying Dandelions

I don't know if this could work just thought of it,
Put loads of dandelions in a plastic bucket with no holes, and cover the top with cling film.
The heat will go in and dry up the plants, might work ?:shock:

I dried dandelions the other day - leaves and flowers. We popped them in a cardboard box in the greenhouse and they were dry in now time :)

Being a total numpty I never thought that the yellow flowers would dry into the fluffy seed heads :oops: When I dry calendula the petals stay yellow :lol:

Still, I saved the seeds to sow in the garden :D

you what?! :shock:

Yeah I think it was summer, and the car was very hot! I'm going to use the same technique but on purpose this year :lol:

That sounds like a good idea! As long as it doesn't stink the car out... :lol:

It's almost a nice smell, very sweet, but a bit sickly...

I picked a lot of the dandelion flowers, and if I had pulled the petals off they would have dried as yellow petals.....but because they were still on the stems they turned into the dandelion 'clocks' as they dried :lol:

I just checked mine, and you're right! All the yellow flowers have turned white and fluffy! :(

You know, a whatchamathingy! :lol: Look a bit like fishing tunnel/net thingies only designed for kids toys (I think :oops: ) I got two from the car boot last year & they are great for nom drying :wave:

Whatchamathingy! Is that a technical term? :lol::lol:

Great idea, though! Is there no stopping your enterprise? No apple or pear tree is safe! Dah, dah, DAH!

Whatchamathingy! Is that a technical term? :lol::lol:

Great idea, though! Is there no stopping your enterprise? No apple or pear tree is safe! Dah, dah, DAH!

Errr - yeah :roll: cor some folk really haven't a clue :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually - I think I may have stolen that idea from Blackberry ;):wave:

Errr - yeah :roll: cor some folk really haven't a clue :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually - I think I may have stolen that idea from Blackberry ;):wave:

:lol:

Yeah, the toy storage nets are great for drying.

You can get the pop up mesh bins from places like Poundland - they're good for drying too :)

Back