• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dry Food ?

If she's an adult then about 2oz per day.
A lot of people feed less though, and increase the hay, dried grass and fresh foods.

I would say a handful a day some would say more some less. My lot used to get a lot of pellets and it caused them to eat less hay (which they need for healthy guts and teeth). It depends on your rabbit and if she is a good hay eater and if she puts weight on easily

Dry Food

Hi! less is more with dry food, as I have learnt sadly from experience. I have always kept rabbits but about a year ago I had problems with one of my rabbits who died from gut statis which is when there is a blockage such as fur getting stuck and cannot pass through the gut system. I did loads of research into it as a result and I didn't realise how much hay can greatly reduce this from happening and how little dry food a rabbit should have. By feeding less dry food, you are forcing them to eat more hay which is vital to keep them healthy. Since then all my rabbits are on a strict diet of just a tablespoon of dry food a day, plus unlimited hay and some veg. So I would say, a tiny amount of dry food plus loads of hay and some veg once a day and you have done what you can to avoid all the nasty gut problems rabbits can get.

I feed mine unlimited pellets and hay whilst they are still growing. when the have finished growing i will reduce it to a much smaller amount so they eat more hay

Back