• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dopey-Mega Vibes Needed - U/D 15th Feb - :-)

Hi Jane - and everyone else :wave:

Our Tilly-Mint had a broken jaw and had to be syringe fed for 6 weeks - her jaw was actually wired though :?
I would think that the less movement in his mouth the better at the moment - it must be very fragile - poor little man :( But, it's a really good sign that he is so bright within himself - even if he has tried to hump your arm :oops::lol::lol::lol:

Speaking from personal experience with a bun who did have severe dental problems and also abscesses that nearly ate the jaw away - I found that the syringe feeding was the best for her :D She eventually started to nibble on things by herself but they where cut up so finely you would think that they had been in a blender:rolleyes::lol::lol: Also, add fine oats and baby food to just a teeny amount of really fine veggies and offer him them - keep on offering and eventually he will try it and have a go :D It does take a long while but you can get there :D

He will be fine if he's on the pain meds to allievate the pain he is in but his jaw is going to feel very tender and also stiff - it won't yet be sitting right for him and he has to adjust;)

He sounds adorable and we would all love to see a picture of him - or lots of pictures :D:D:D

Also, try him with warm weetabix and maybe some warm oats - just keep them there for him and see if he attempts a little nibble - once he realises it won't hurt then he may get braver :D:D

Thanks Jay :D
I will try him on some of your recipes!! He has just taken another really good syringe feed and then did an 'I am an entire Buck and I'll shove my tail in the air to proove it' charge around!!

Janex

Well it must be a good sign that he is feeling flirtatious :D

You must have a very attractive arm ;)

Despite offering a wide variety of food Dopey has still not eaten a single thing for himself :cry:
He continues to take the syringe feeds well. I spoke with Christabel last night and she says we have to risk upping his Depocillin from every 3 days to every day as it appears that his jaw infection is still not under control. His mandible is getting more swollen and his right eye is discharging pus gain.
Yet in himself Dopey remains very bright and cheerful. Amazing given all his problems. What a brave Bun he is.

Janex

awww poor baby :( nobody ever tries metronidazole, but I'll mention it again as just a 7 day course cured Maa - no tummy problems either - it works on anaerobic bacteria so is ideal for an abscess you can't get at, and maybe not as dangerous as penecillin?

Poor Dopey, mind you he must feel okay to be humping, although it's probably the opiates - they make you feel sooooo good :lol: .

Lots of healing vibes, eating vibes - and feeling good vibes too

Dopey has managed to eat a leaf of Basil ( I had to cut it up and put it in his mouth) and he is no trying his very best to eat some grass :D This is the first food he has eaten for himself since last Monday !!

Please, please keep the vibes coming for Dopey. He does not want to give up and so me and Christabel wont either.

Janex

He certainly hasnt eaten much but to see him actually try is a big step forward. He is now humping the life out of his Teddy :rolleyes:

Janex

OMG what a brave bun to try and eat with all those problems! Most would give up! :shock::shock::shock:

Does he have owners Jane? If so they must be so angry :evil:

Back