• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Donut - Sudden Death

:( i am soo sorry to hear of your sad news...and be sure he had the best help with his mummy loving him s much....
i have lost buns suddenly over the eyars and its so hard to come to terms with...i also lost my cat.in the same sort of way but she got to spend a few hours back at home before she was taken to the vets dying to be pts...

we beat ourselves up for years over pets deaths as much as we do humans deaths in the family but its because theyre family too.

im pleased your vets is so good and compassionate.

oscar had a rock hard tum when we found his body the next morning..he had been treated for gi stasis for 2 days but i now know it was actually blaot by reading stuff here.

my heart goes out to you. binky free little bunny.

you wil know when time is right to get another bun or not.i vowed no more and ive now got 4 and 2 cats....but i cant live without them..illness deaths an all.

So sorry Karen..it is hard when we lose a pet suddenly with no explanation..
but I know you gave Donut a loving home and did all you could for him.
thinking of you xx

Just had to break the news to hubby - he was really shocked. I didn't want to phone him at work, so waited until he had got home. I found myself saying 'no more, I can't keep doing this', but I know that somewhere along the line we will need to get Bailey a little friend - or a big one actually as Bailey is rather a big boy.

I always say this too and OH would be pleased if I gave up buns....

Back