• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dont know what to do...

Have you tried the gorgeous guinea pig oil soaks. They usually work well for fungal disease.

I have just had to give 5 weeks of Ivermectin to clear up one of the piggies, yesterday I can finally admit that I have got his skin sorted and am now winning.

dehumidifier if they are indoors - mine is on for a few hours every day and it collects an unbelievable amount of water :shock: Guinea pigs come from a dry climate and can't cope with British humidity - even when it's warm in summer, the atmosphere here is tremendously damp (judging by the amount of water I collect daily) My pigs have been fine for 3 years nearly with this regime (and I only clean them out every 10 days and rarely bathe them, so it's not anything to do with that) - I am very sensitive to humidity myself and I noticed when I first got them that the air was damp enough to drink near enough in the pig room - I got a dehumidifier after I'd had them a fortnight as I figured it was unhealthy, but I didn't know anything about fungal problems at that time (I didn't know anything about guinea pigs at all! :shock:)

Last edited:
Ive been using GG melts and they have previously worked very well.

Think i'll ring the vets for soma advice before i drag them all up there.

Thanks, i dont feel so bad but i just get so upset when one of my furries is ill :cry:

Back