• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domino - night night littlest man

susiemae

Mama Doe
We had to have Domino put to sleep this morning. He was losing his battle against myxi and the vet felt it was the kindest thing to do.

To Domino -

We got you about 5 years ago when the breeder had advertised you on the free ads, as a bunny with deformed feet. We did the four hour round trip to Staines to pick you up and you were a nervous but an incredibly cute little thing. We got Cookie about 3 weeks later and you both fell in love and she looked after you well, grooming you and being your "head rest" when you were sleepy. You hated being picked up or handled, so we let you be yourself and do you own thing and you would let us stroke your nose in return (if you were in a good mood). Your favourite thing was sunbathing on a warm day and you could periscope for England, sometimes sitting on just your big ol' back feet for what seemed like ages. You were certainly not the sharpest tool in the box but you will always be my special little man. Love you always. Gizmo is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep