• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone keep there rabbits indoors?

thank u everyone i am very gratful for all your advice. all of your pictures are loverly i will get some up soon.
i dont have asthma but was worried i would get it from bunny. as far as i know i am not allergic to anything but since having bunny my eyes burn and my breatheing is funny. i am an anxiey suffererso i may just be anxious that i could be allergic.

with regards to bedding what can i use at the moment i have wood shavings but my bunny has a respiritory infection and i dont think this is good for he as she cant stop sneezing?

I would move to megazorb, or just use newspaper and hay if they are indoors.
Mine free range when there is someone at home, and are shut in the kitchen at night or if we're out.

thank u everyone i am very gratful for all your advice. all of your pictures are loverly i will get some up soon.
i dont have asthma but was worried i would get it from bunny. as far as i know i am not allergic to anything but since having bunny my eyes burn and my breatheing is funny. i am an anxiey suffererso i may just be anxious that i could be allergic.

with regards to bedding what can i use at the moment i have wood shavings but my bunny has a respiritory infection and i dont think this is good for he as she cant stop sneezing?

Wood shavings are not good for bunnies. Most of us use megazorb instead https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Litter.11/Megazorb.174.html?osCsid=ildn00hv65rpcv6mnoc2ch0dl4. We use this in the litter trays and place hay on top. BTW, try to get some dust free hay, as the dust is not going to help with your bunny's problem. Has your bunny been seen by a vet re: sneezing?

yes she has a respiritory infection. she was sneezing when i brought her home the same day as buying her. she is on antibiotics but not improving yet xx i dont have a litter tray in there as one want fit so will make one for her xx

just had a look at the link thank u. can u get it from any pet store? x

Megazorb is really a horse bedding - I think you said you have a horse (?) so why not ask at your feed suppliers, mine don't stock it but order it in for me, I use it for the hamsters and GP's.

yeah i have a horse i have had horses for 16 years but never heard of that. will ask them. my poor bunnys nose i running and she is getting stressed by it xx

No I'd never heard of it either, till I came on here! One of our feedstores stocks it but the other orders it for me - about £7/£8 a sack. Meantime I would use newspaper and hay.

Is your bunny on Baytril? Orally? How many days? Is she eating and drinking and pooing ok?

she is pooing ok and eating. but she wont touch fruit or veg this may be because she is so young. not sure what medicine she is on i give one orally and put a sachet in her water evey day xx

Have a look at the bottle you are giving her orally - I suspect it will be baytril, the most common of rabbit antibiotic. How many days has she been poorly and how many days has she been having the meds?

I have got a house Bunny, he runs freely round my flat but during the day (when im not home) i close a few doors so he doesnt go in and chew cables. He is a very happy boy. he has our spare room as his room. i have bought a dog crate for him and this has his litter tray in and water and hay. I suffer really badly from allergies. I dont suffer from asthma but cats make me have a full on asthma attack with the weeping puffy, swollen eyes. dogs give me a rash and cold like symptoms. funny enough with my rabbit i get not one allergy! very strange as he is moulting continuosly! funny that but i think its down to the person...

how can u have an asthma attack with no asthma. i have had bunny a few days and if anything was going to happen it woul have by now wouldnt it? xx

yes it would of happened by now..when im around cats it happens within a couple of hours. and maybe its not an asthma attack as such but it is a severe allergy!

i make sure to take allergy tablets before visiting people with cats. these work up to a point. but if i touch them i end up getting the allergies anyway. saying that when i visit my family who have cats and dogs i normally stay for 2 weeks, i take allergy tablets for a week or so then i seem to get slightly used to them as long as i dont touch the cat. maybe its worth trying allergy tablets for a few days and see if you get used to your bunnys, anything is worth a try i suppose. but trust me if you were highly allergic you would know by now.

My two are house buns they are freerange downstairs and upstairs as well when Im home :D They have a large 3 storey NIC grid house in my dining room as their base with their large hay basket which they also use as a toilet. They have been a bit destructive tho.. I have holes in my curtains, sofa and carpet and a few electrical wires have been munched :lol:

My two are house buns they are freerange downstairs and upstairs as well when Im home :D They have a large 3 storey NIC grid house in my dining room as their base with their large hay basket which they also use as a toilet. They have been a bit destructive tho.. I have holes in my curtains, sofa and carpet and a few electrical wires have been munched :lol:

3 storey NIC grid house?? :D:D Do you have any pics? How many packs was that made up of? It sounds FAB!! :D

Back