• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Does anyone have a spare metacam syringe?

We get our metacam posted and this time it only included the big syringe which it to hard to measure Alice's small doses.
I've asked a few vets if I could buy a small one but they have been no help.
Anyone else find it soooooo annoying they are a different size to other syringes :evil:
So, just wondering if anyone had a spare small syringe that I could have? I'm more than willing to pay.

Can a I ask where you get your Metacam posted from please?

I've got none in and like to have some for emergencies, but my vets really stingy about it :roll:

You will need a prescription for it. I get mine online from VetUK because it's ridiculously cheaper than the vets but they need you to post them a vet prescription first. :wave:

You will need a prescription for it. I get mine online from VetUK because it's ridiculously cheaper than the vets but they need you to post them a vet prescription first. :wave:

You should use animed its so much cheaper and you only need to scan and upload the prescription :wave:

Just a thought as Alice is on long term metacam it would be probably cheaper for you to get a prescription every time and order your metacam off vetuk.

Flopsy is on long term metacam and John writes us a prescription for about £7 and we order it off vetuk for over half of what we pay at the vets. A 100ml bottle from the vets is £45 (I believe) don't quote me on it , on vet uk you can get an 180ml for just under £20 so works out cheaper even with the prescription charge.

I get 100 terumo 1ml syringes off amazon and they slot onto the big syringe :thumb:

Ah ha! Found the thread!

Honeybear do you still need/want a syringe? I was going through the cupboard earlier and found a box of metacam that had a syringe inside but no actual medicine. Its the syringe that comes with the cat metacam (0.5) and has the kilos marked on the side

You're welcome to it if you still want it

Ah ha! Found the thread!

Honeybear do you still need/want a syringe? I was going through the cupboard earlier and found a box of metacam that had a syringe inside but no actual medicine. Its the syringe that comes with the cat metacam (0.5) and has the kilos marked on the side

You're welcome to it if you still want it

I'd love it please :)
Tried the other ideas but it just gets soooo sticky!!
Thank you x

I tried pm'ing you - it says you've reached your stored message quota - perhaps it means your total number of messages is too many rather than your inbox? Perhaps empting your sent or deleted folder might help?

Back