• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you wish you could have more rabbits???

I used to, but not anymore. Not right now. I can't even take care of the two I have :(

when i got my first two i used to fantasise about having a yard full of naughty black bunnies. seeing someone's photo of a lovely black bun last night reminded me.

later, i acquired my second pair (planned from before i had the first two). so i have four.

i won't be having any more. they cost a lot, they destroy a lot and they make a lot of worry!
when the bunnies pass on, if i still want a pet, i'm having a big hairy syrian hamster. it sounds as if i don't love my bunnies, but i do. i just know my limitations!

I'd love to have more now but hoping to foster next year when we have finished the garden and have an amazing outdoor set up!

This is me too - I'm starting fostering for a rescue very soon, just in the process of getting home checked :thumb:

I would love to turn W and J into a quad, I've seen two beautiful nethies at the rescue ill be fostering for and am wavering to be honest. I think if they're still there after Xmas (unlikely as they're stunning) then ill go for it. But it's different as I have loads of room, can afford it etc

This is me too - I'm starting fostering for a rescue very soon, just in the process of getting home checked :thumb:

I would love to turn W and J into a quad, I've seen two beautiful nethies at the rescue ill be fostering for and am wavering to be honest. I think if they're still there after Xmas (unlikely as they're stunning) then ill go for it. But it's different as I have loads of room, can afford it etc

What rescue are you fostering for, as when we originally looked we struggled to fin anywhere local!
And your not to far from me :wave:

I would LOVE more bunnies. I've faced the sad fact that by the time I get my own place Sonic will be long gone... but I have plans for at least 2 rescues in the future. I want to make sure I am financially stable first though :)

More bunnies now just aren't an option. I'm going to uni in September and my mum would not be happy with more than 1!

But yeah... In the future I would like rescues :)

:wave:

We are looking out for a suitable husbun for rosey which will take us to 8 buns...thats me at capacity for now financialy and time wise too... 4 pairs/4 set ups takes alot of maintenance and keeping ontop of...plus all the pairs have different feeding routines/needs etc... However if time/space/money was no issue then I would have as many as i could possibly manage!! :love::love::love:

I have T&F inside and recently a pair of fosters outside. I'm not sure whether that would be too much permanently or not time-wise - I'll see how it goes this winter - currently I'm really enjoying it though. If I didn't have to work but still had money, I'd have loads more!

No. 7 is our limit due to space. If I got more it would compromise the current buns living conditions which is just not fair.

What rescue are you fostering for, as when we originally looked we struggled to fin anywhere local!
And your not to far from me :wave:

One I adopted Hettie from (its in reading). They don't usually do fosters but they know me so are happy with me fostering :thumb:

I would try the Blue Cross Southampton - they're looking at the moment!

Nope, I could easily accommodate more and afford more, but I couldn't give them the time they deserve.

On weekdays I work 9-5 and leave the house at 6am get home at 6.30pm, they spend time with us every evening - this is reduced the days at the gym after work, but still we do what we can. Weekends are all about the bunnies.

No. I'm keeping the ones I have, I may get one to pair with one who is on his own (lost his partner, is on panacur for 6 weeks) but I'm not looking to increase.

I have four, two pairs.
THey were initially supposed to be bonded into a group - but it failed.
If I could group bond them then I would have more, I love rews :) x

I started off with two this year, Leo and Missy and ended up with an accidental litter so now I have eight. I might keep one or two of the babies (undecided yet) but I do have the space/money to do this but we will see if they bond or not.

My dream is to own a Giant pair one day continental or flemish, I just love them :thumb:

I would love more rabbits - but perhaps only 2 at the most. However, my hubby's put his foot down and says a most definite "no". *sighs* He is right though, so we have just the 2 bunny girls and that's the way it will stay :)

I'd like another one as only got Doughnut but since she's inside I don't have the space for another one. I don't have the time for the bonding and if they didn't get on that would also be extra space for two separate rabbits. I also don't have the money to pay for another rabbit.

yes, but what I want most is to have them indoors (but after spending nearly £500 on their outdoor setup it ain't happening :lol:) I'd love an indoor foster but mum is highly allergic to both the fur and hay, when Sebastian was a house rabbit she really suffered :(

I'd like more bunnies, but very much don't Lord Spenser and his grandparents would agree. I am always attracted to REWs. :love:

Back