• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think I can get a better pet insurance quote?

I pay £16.19 for both my buns with PetPlan. Both 2 1/2, neutered, vacced.

Did you get them from a breeder or can you be otherwise certain that they're 100% of that breed? If not, try changing it to 'mixed breed lop', as it might be higher due to breed. What did you say you purchased them for (on the bit of the form that will reimburse you if someone steals them or they die)? That might be bumping it up too.

You won't get a more comprehensive plan than PetPlan, I'd recommend trying to figure out why it's so high and get it down.

https://www.exoticdirect.co.uk/

For me it was between pet plan and exotics direct, pet plan however wanted £5.00 a month more and exotics direct cover more for me. Besides when I get Tinks insured it means she can be a the same company as the buns :)

Petplan actually have a link through to exotics direct on their website too :p

Hi

my pair are from a rescue who did the spaying, neutering, vaccinating, worming etc. I did mention this when I rang up. So, yes,I cant be 100% breed certain because they were abandoned at the rescue.

I also read somewhere that a mixed breed can drive the price up as insurers fear bad breeding is a risk which can sometimes lead to genetic problems etc

i only pay £8 something per bun per month for mine and I'm on petplan.

go online and get a quote. then call them, tell them youve found it and you want to pay that much. then tell the youll go somewhere else that can give you a better quote. Im sure theyll soon come round.

Hi

my pair are from a rescue who did the spaying, neutering, vaccinating, worming etc. I did mention this when I rang up. So, yes,I cant be 100% breed certain because they were abandoned at the rescue.

I also read somewhere that a mixed breed can drive the price up as insurers fear bad breeding is a risk which can sometimes lead to genetic problems etc

I've never heard of that before. Where did you read that?

Back