• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you know the history of your rescue bunny?

Yes I do as I adopted them all from the rescues I used to work at.

Back in 2002 Mona, Karma and Elidore came from byb and I decided to adopt them togther. I went to get them neutered only to be told Mona and Karma were due to have babies soon :shock: I decided to let them have the kits and keep them myself :shock: Mona had 2 stillborn kits and Karma had 5. Karma and one of her kits passed away not long after though :(

I still had 4 kits which I named Bonnie, Ebonnie, Karmella and Merri. Ebonnie and Karmella went to the bridge but Bonnie and Merri are still with me as is Mona who is an old lady now. Elidore was abused during his time as a stud but I pulled him through and he too is a pensioner now :lol:

Nori was an sspca adopt, he was adorable when he came in (abandoned in a box) and so friendly. I bonded him with Ebonnie and the were a coupe until she died. Nori now lives with Bonnie :D

Emrys and Berrie were pdsa buns. Berrie a stray found in the wee small hours. Emrys had been handed in because he had been fighting with his brother apparently (2 unneutered males :roll:) so I adopted them together and bonded them successfully.

When my sister lived with me, she got to know bunnies and wanted one too so we adopted Mithril, a stray who had been passed over for her colouring.

It was the second bunny they had got for her - the baby was only a month old when they bought the first one - and 2 months old when they swapped the first bun (not cuddly enough) for Lucky.

I hope they both have their forever homes here. :love:

My friend told me that she was wanting to get a rabbit for her 18 month old. Would I help her. Er NO, NO I WON'T!! *launch into verbal assault of why she's an idiot*

Funnily enough, her brother in laws girlfriend has recently got a rabbit that is living at her in laws house - I'm fully excpecting it to be coming into my care because it'll be viscious due to lack of neutering :roll: :censored:

I know Pebbles was a stray. I always wonder to this day if she was lost or dumped. Because I hate the idea of someone missing her and "wondering" if she is alive or happy, because she has such a pampered life i like to think she was dumped and isnt being missed.

I was given Rodge by a friend as he was 'a pain' & her bf was going to release him into a field. :shock:

I had zero knowledge of owning a bun but was determined to rescue him!

I adopted Orla from Paws Here in Edinburgh, I held her in my arms the same day that I lost Sookie, she melted my heart! :love:

Orla was born on the 24th June 2010, Rodges DOB is unknown so I just say 1st January 2010. :D

Tilly was found by the RSPCA as a stray, she is about 6 months old and went to the rescue with her sister, they were both found when they were around 3 months old, nobody claimed them so they were put up for adoption.
I adopted Tilly in december just before xmas.

Oriana was rescued from a disgusting place, she was kept in a tiny tiny hutch that was filthy and suffered bad hocks and a runny eye. She was found along with lots of other animals and had been put in a hutch on her own due to other rabbits bullying her. She has a patch of fur missing on the back of her neck from where she had scabs and sores from the bunnies biting her.
The other rabbits were kept all together in a similar sized hutch with no space to move. They were living in filth. :cry:

I am happy with the knowledge that Oriana will never have live in a dirty hutch ever again and that Tilly will never have to wander around in the cold with no food ever again.

Bernard was bought at pets at home, he has never had it rough and is spoilt rotten :lol:

I know Pebbles was a stray. I always wonder to this day if she was lost or dumped. Because I hate the idea of someone missing her and "wondering" if she is alive or happy, because she has such a pampered life i like to think she was dumped and isnt being missed.

This is what I feel like about Tilly my little stray bun

i know as much as Lou gets told.

Pearl was from a litter who the pet shop wouldn't buy so Pearl and her litter mates were at the rescue as soon as they was old enough, she had a great first 6 months of life at hopper haven :D

Holly had a sister once and was loved from all the toys i saw that had been handed over with her.. the sister had died at some point and then the owner was moving into a place that didnt allow pets i think... when i first met Holly she was having a tantrum and refusing food, shed only been at the rescue a week and a bit... should of known when i admired her pretty little stroppy bum she'd be the one to come home with me shouldnt i :lol: :lol: :lol:

im actually vert thankful both my adopted buns have had happy lives before coming to me, not sure i could live with an abused bunny knowing what had happened to them :cry:

I know the backgrounds of Tilly, Timmy and Max, but my beaitiful Mimi is a mystery :?
I was told by the sqnctuary I rescued her from that she had been mis treated :evil: but they didnt tell me anymore and I didnt want to know :cry:
Im not even sure of her age, the rescue predicted between 2 and 3 when we got her a year ago so now shes probably 3 to 4 yrs xxxx

Apparently, Barnaby lost his bonded partner and the owners didn't want to get another for him.

However, I have a feeling he's ex-breeding stock and was sent to the rescue as he was no longer required. He has a hole in his ear that my vet thinks may have been an ear-tag. They're only used for showing or breeding rabbits (more so in Europe than UK). So he could possibly be foreign too, might explain why he ignores me when I ask him to stop digging in his tray :roll::lol:

I know nothing about Sorrel...I always wonder who she lived with before, and how they could possibly have stood giving her up - she was so amazing, I would have chewed off my own arm sooner than be without her :(

Apache was a stray I think...again I wonder about how that came about :? If he escaped, I can't believe his owners didn't do more to get him back :?

Skye was rehomed as she was "fighting with the other rabbits" well duh, if you keep a group of unspayed females, fighting will occur :roll:

Excellent thread btw, it's something I think of a lot.

No, they wouldnt tell us. Only thing they said was that she was used to being around lots of other rabbits (so I suspect maybe breeding that got out of control).

I have noooo idea about any of my past rescue bunnies. I just know one bit about Oscar. He came from a hoarder, and lived in a garage. No clue for how long, if he was born there, etc. Hmmmmphh

Yes. My first rescue rabbit is Rudy (from Bunny Camp Sanctuary) and all I know is he was a solo house rabbit who had to be given up as his owner's landlord found out about him. (The other, more likely story is that his owner moved her bloke in and he said it was either him or the rabbit. She made her choice. I've still got the rabbit and he has no annoying habits ;))

Tinkerbell's story was featured a lot on RU. She was one of 5 bunnies taken from a place where there were quiet a few accidental litters. She was pregnant when arrived at the RSPCA (Walsall) at only about 12 - 14 weeks. :cry::cry: I totally fell for her because of the story of her life. x-Vic-x has Tinks' sister Smudge and half-brother/nephew Pebbles, Chipmunk-K adopted her half-brother/nephew Ivy and Puddle and Elliot have her sister and brother (Puddle and Elliot surprisingly enough). There were 13 bunnies in the family, and I know of their history pretty well from threads on here.

Edit to add: MissMinnie has Tinks' near identical sister littermate Tilly (now Phoebe) .... I didn't forget that - honest :oops::oops:

Last edited:
Yes. My first rescue rabbit is Rudy (from Bunny Camp Sanctuary) and all I know is he was a solo house rabbit who had to be given up as his owner's landlord found out about him. (The other, more likely story is that his owner moved her bloke in and he said it was either him or the rabbit. She made her choice. I've still got the rabbit and he has no annoying habits ;))

Tinkerbell's story was featured a lot on RU. She was one of 5 bunnies taken from a place where there were quiet a few accidental litters. She was pregnant when arrived at the RSPCA (Walsall) at only about 12 - 14 weeks. :cry::cry: I totally fell for her because of the story of her life. x-Vic-x has Tinks' sister Smudge and half-brother/nephew Pebbles, Chipmunk-K adopted her half-brother/nephew Ivy and Puddle and Elliot have her sister and brother (Puddle and Elliot surprisingly enough). There were 13 bunnies in the family, and I know of their history pretty well from threads on here.

That's my bunnies history :D:D ;)

Puddle and Smudge were living outside in a rat cage, and Tilly(MissMinnie on here has her), Tinkerbell and Elliot were all living in a tiny, filthy hutch.

Puddle, Tilly and Tinkerbell were all pregnant, which caused another story as Puddle was actually booked in for a spey, opened up to find she was too far gone to spey so the babies were left and she was stitched up again. Kirsty had a nightmare of a time with Tilly's babies and lost 2 of them and battled through months of illness wih Ivy.

Smudge was then adopted but came back, so I adopted her and one of Puddles babies Pebble.

Back