• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever look in the 'Rabbit care, health and advice section?

I'm only here for GC now.

Been attacked too many times. Plus there's only so many times you can watch some innocent newbie get destroyed for buying a bunny from P@H in 2002.

I visit RC a couple of times a week - mainly to see if any of my forum friends have bunny problems. I go in housing for improvement ideas. If someone posts something I can help with & it's at the top - shows on the main menu - I answer if I can. There's plenty of people that know more than me anyway:D

I agree with this, far to many people being attacked, especially newbies. When people should offer constructive helpful advice, some see it as a reason to make that person feel like absolute ****. I try to visit RC as much as I can but I am in no position to offer much helpful advice.

I always go in health, its probably the section I reply in most and have also go invaluable advice for my own poorly bunnies. I do tend to only post if I have a constructive helpful reply though or know the answer. Its not that I don't care about the bunnies/owners I just never really know what to say.

I do look through all the sections and see if there's anything I can add, but I don't have much advice regarding health because my rabbits are rarely ill and I don't have a lot of help regarding housing because so many people have outdoor rabbits. I do try to post in Health though because I personally would rather have a thread full of "vibes", "hope your rabbit gets better", and things like that than a thread with a bunch of views and no replies. Even if I don't have anything constructive to add well wishes show support and keep the thread bumped so more experienced people might see it. I agree about how few posts there are in Bonding, though I've found it to be that way on a lot of rabbit forums. On one forum there is one person who replies to the majority of the bonding threads, though they're quite experienced, but different opinions are always nice. On another forum I asked about bonding Toshi, Joshua, and Paige and somebody told me that it wouldn't work and I should just give Joshua away :shock:

I often post in Rabbit Health when one of my buns is poorly after I've made a vet appointment, but before I go, because my vet isn't very bunny savvy and is very open to suggestions given on RU. Most of Furby's treatment came about because of support and advice I received from experienced members on here. I wouldn't use RU instead of a vet visit, but I rarely go to the vet without asking for help on here first (unless it's an emergency obviously).

I will reply to posts in Health if I have experience of somebun with a similar problem, but usually find someone else has said what I was going to.

I like General Chat and would really miss it if it went. I feel I get to know people better through their posts on there and as a singleton with no family I value having somewhere to chat about non bunny related issues.

I often look in health.... I think its an important part of this forum.... I post if i feel I can add anything, but sometimes just absorb all the advice incase i should need it myself.... Even if nothing constructive to add, sometimes our experiences can help people

I recently posted in there and got one member answering me..... thankfully it was the member I had hoped would answer..... Jane,
who i notice does make a huge effort in there x

I do look in most of the sections. Problem is i don't know much being a newish rabbit owner so can't really suggest a lot to help. Have had some wonderful reply's to problems with my Brownie and Buster which i will be forever grateful for.

I also don't think that anyone should be feeling the need to justify which sections they frequent.

There is a General Chat section and, if people only want to post in there, then they should be able to without having to explain their reasons why.

I also don't think that anyone should be feeling the need to justify which sections they frequent.

There is a General Chat section and, if people only want to post in there, then they should be able to without having to explain their reasons why.

They aren't being asked to

I do, but have less time than I used to. I tend to look at GC while I'm having lunch at work as it's a break and I just wanna see what's going on! And I tend to look elsewhere before going to bed/while I can't sleep, and check the unanswered threads. It made me sad last night that a couple of people had started threads worried about their bunnies but no one had replied :( Although I understand that people don't want to give advice if they are worried it will be wrong advice, and if you post just to say "oh dear hope it's all okay", it then takes it off the unanswered threads and others might think questions have been answered and then not look/post. It's a minefield :lol:

:thumb:

and if you post just to say "oh dear hope it's all okay", it then takes it off the unanswered threads and others might think questions have been answered and then not look/post. It's a minefield :lol:

This was something that I always felt was a bit counter productive in the health section at least. Luckily I haven't had any real problems to deal with recently but when we had problems with Honey I'd see new replies to the thread I'd made and get my hopes up that it was someone suggesting something that hadn't been suggested before.

It's good to remember that a lot of non members read the rabbit advice section, google a few bunny care questions and we're often one of the results. So the little bit of advice you give one person might actually help dozens in the longer term.

And don't be afraid to add your experiences. There isn't always one cut and dry right answer so hearing a few first hand experiences from different people, even if they haven't had bunnies long can still be very helpful :)

And if you spot someone being mean report it!

It's good to remember that a lot of non members read the rabbit advice section, google a few bunny care questions and we're often one of the results. So the little bit of advice you give one person might actually help dozens in the longer term.

And don't be afraid to add your experiences. There isn't always one cut and dry right answer so hearing a few first hand experiences from different people, even if they haven't had bunnies long can still be very helpful :)

And if you spot someone being mean report it!

:thumb:

I agree with this. I am nowhere near as experienced in things as a lot of people on here. I just tend to read everything and make mental notes just in case I ever come across problems with my own buns or know somebody who needs advice. I still try to advise as much as poss and give my own experiences with things. I may not always have the "right" answer, but you can never stop learning and I appreciate being corrected when I am wrong. :)

Back