• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you consider yourself a good rabbit owner?

i do my best, but lately they've made things difficalt by fighting butsoon im sure it'll be ideal again

I like to think so! :wave: the buns always come first, before me, before OH, before anything! I feed them well, give them lots of space to play and things to do, spend most of my spare time with them, give them loads of love and take care of them if they're poorly. I love them to bits :love:

I dont. My little one wont come out of her crate. well only onto the step right outside of it. she doesnt love me yet :'(

Not really, I don't really think I deserve my pets, because I think they deserve better, but I'm really trying to do the best I can for them and I love them and they know that :)

I do my very best. I always think how I could do more somehow but my boyfriend says how I look after my guinea pig and rabbit so well and my mum says I even spoil them :roll: But I always think I could do better. Maybe it is just me being overly critical though

I am not sure what is considered a good rabbit owner but I could not love Julie anymore than I do. She is a house rabbit and I stay home. I spend lots of time with her. I grow greens and herbs for her and spend time cleaning for her and doing stuff to make sure that she is stimulated,loved and not bored. She is definitely a member of our family.

i wouldn't say im the best but i try my best with wat i have. :) i must be doing something right if scooters happy and hasnt been ill upto yet.

I think that is a bit extreem.
If someone likes to think that they are a good rabbit owner by which they do their very best by them an love them, they should not be accused as being incompitent.
I by no means think I am the best rabbit owner, I would love Jimby and Cookie to have more space but I do my very best by them, I feed them a correct diet, I groom them, i keep their house clean, I get help when they are sick, I vaccinate them, I play with them and most of all I truly love them.

Extreme.
In my humble opinion, it is unacceptable to care for rabbits or any animals in a substandard way and if you don't think you are looking after them properly i.e. a good rabbit owner, you shouldn't be looking after them. It wouldn't be acceptable to admit that you are a bad Mother to your children so why should it be acceptable to cheerfully admit to being a bad animal owner? They are your responsibility.

*climbs off soapbox* ;)

Not particularly.

I keep them forced into an area that isn't particularly big enough, i can only provide them with stimulation I see fit, not what they would necessarily want.

Rabbits shouldn't be pets in the first place, but as we (the human race) made the mess we're in, we do the best we can with what we have.

No and I wouldn't trust someone who thought they were

I consider myself a good owner and I'd be offended if anyone didn't trust me because of it.

Self-confidence isn't something that I ooze but I do have the confidence to say when I am good at something. To rate yourself as good isn't big-headed in anyway, it can be an accurate rating based on knowledge of what you are rating.

I make mistakes with rabbit care, less and less mistakes as time goes on because I'm learning and I care and strive to learn.

However, if I was looking to adopt a rabbit and the rescue asked did I consider myself a good owner, I would rate myself as good. I don't think they would trust me if I said I wasn't good. Likewise, if I was rehoming a rabbit and the potential adoptee didn't consider themselves good that would put me off straight away.

I know my rabbits could have a better life but I give them a darn good life and they are very, very well cared for.

Extreme.
In my humble opinion, it is unacceptable to care for rabbits or any animals in a substandard way and if you don't think you are looking after them properly i.e. a good rabbit owner, you shouldn't be looking after them. It wouldn't be acceptable to admit that you are a bad Mother to your children so why should it be acceptable to cheerfully admit to being a bad animal owner? They are your responsibility.

*climbs off soapbox* ;)

I should have just said "This" instead of going to the trouble of writing a reply :lol::lol:

I consider myself a good owner and I'd be offended if anyone didn't trust me because of it.

Self-confidence isn't something that I ooze but I do have the confidence to say when I am good at something. To rate yourself as good isn't big-headed in anyway, it can be an accurate rating based on knowledge of what you are rating.

I make mistakes with rabbit care, less and less mistakes as time goes on because I'm learning and I care and strive to learn.

However, if I was looking to adopt a rabbit and the rescue asked did I consider myself a good owner, I would rate myself as good. I don't think they would trust me if I said I wasn't good. Likewise, if I was rehoming a rabbit and the potential adoptee didn't consider themselves good that would put me off straight away.

I know my rabbits could have a better life but I give them a darn good life and they are very, very well cared for.
:thumb::thumb: you've put it so much better what I was trying to say

Back