• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disabled bunny toilet

Oh, I missed this! That new litter tray looks very stylish! That might be the nicest looking litter tray I've ever seen. :lol: It does seem like it would be a bit snug if they're both in it, but if they share nicely that's not a problem, I think! Sounds like it's easy to clean, too, which is always a plus!

I like hemp bedding. It seems nice and soft for their feet, though it can be a bit messy if, like Casper and Sophie, they insist on kicking some of it out of the litter tray. ;) I know Boo likes to empty her litter tray from time to time. :lol:

Oh, I missed this! That new litter tray looks very stylish! That might be the nicest looking litter tray I've ever seen. :lol: It does seem like it would be a bit snug if they're both in it, but if they share nicely that's not a problem, I think! Sounds like it's easy to clean, too, which is always a plus!

I like hemp bedding. It seems nice and soft for their feet, though it can be a bit messy if, like Casper and Sophie, they insist on kicking some of it out of the litter tray. ;) I know Boo likes to empty her litter tray from time to time. :lol:

She does! its mainly a late Dec / Jan thing but actually did it less than a week ago - although it was actually pretty tame for Boo. Its the first time she did it in front of Eddy & he was not impressed, woke me up stomping :lol: I remember you saying you use hemp which is why I didn't have to ask if its ok on here. They are super messy in litter tray zone anyway, may as well get hemp fibres joining the poop, hay & forage twig party :lol:

[/B]
She does! its mainly a late Dec / Jan thing but actually did it less than a week ago - although it was actually pretty tame for Boo. Its the first time she did it in front of Eddy & he was not impressed, woke me up stomping :lol: I remember you saying you use hemp which is why I didn't have to ask if its ok on here. They are super messy in litter tray zone anyway, may as well get hemp fibres joining the poop, hay & forage twig party :lol:
Aw, Eddy was not happy Boo was destroying his toilet. :lol: I wonder what he'll think when she really goes for it, rather than her tame attempt this time. :lol: Since they are super messy in the litter tray zone anyway, I bet they'll enjoy being even messier with the hemp. :lol:

Aw, Eddy was not happy Boo was destroying his toilet. :lol: I wonder what he'll think when she really goes for it, rather than her tame attempt this time. :lol: Since they are super messy in the litter tray zone anyway, I bet they'll enjoy being even messier with the hemp. :lol:

you're starting to worry me now :lol: They are such pee monsters, I've never known 2 rabbits wee so much & its nearly always orange. its arrived today

Loving this Joey and Boo Boo. How’s it working out? It’s prettier than an ordinary potting tray and I’m tempted to copy you.

Do you happen to know the depth? I couldn’t find this. Thanks

[/B]

you're starting to worry me now :lol: They are such pee monsters, I've never known 2 rabbits wee so much & its nearly always orange. its arrived today
Nah, it'll be fine. :lol: It's just quite light, so it gets spread around easily, that's all. I wonder if Boo and Eddy are having a competition to see who can pee the most? ;)

Loving this Joey and Boo Boo. How’s it working out? It’s prettier than an ordinary potting tray and I’m tempted to copy you.

Do you happen to know the depth? I couldn’t find this. Thanks

If you look through the listing photos it gives dimensions but on the photos. So one half, top to bottom is 6 inches. Boo is a lot bigger than Zigs so I reckon it could work for yours, not your fosters though. I bore in mind Shimmers advice re: it being potentially unstable so the downstairs half has a lump of wood to do the job & the upstairs one has an old fleece circling the base. Not sure it necessary but thought I'd mention

Nah, it'll be fine. :lol: It's just quite light, so it gets spread around easily, that's all. I wonder if Boo and Eddy are having a competition to see who can pee the most? ;)

No escapee hemp yet Reader, its all stayed nicely under the hay (so far). Even if Boo does decide to dig it out I'm assuming it wouldn't travel as far as wood pellets as so much lighter. I do like it better than wood litter

No escapee hemp yet Reader, its all stayed nicely under the hay (so far). Even if Boo does decide to dig it out I'm assuming it wouldn't travel as far as wood pellets as so much lighter. I do like it better than wood litter
That's great! I'm glad you're liking it and that it's staying where it should. Maybe it's just Sophie and Casper who are messy, then. :lol:

I got some newspapers at the weekend which means I can use dog bed litter tray which I've now decided I definitely prefer :lol::oops:

The cat bed is too small for their upstairs loo so i'm keeping it downstairs (its only used for 6 hours) but using the big litter tray in their bedroom. I feel less worried about the waste & expense now we're on hemp bedding.

Eddy Pee Pee Pants is driving me nuts. So we moved back to the huge dog beds which'd be fine only the boy is obsessed with peeing on the corner of the rug. Sliced a chunk out of an under storage bed (so blind Boobly can access it - she had it sussed in no time) & shifted the rug. There is now a good distance between rug & bunny toilet. TWICE yesterday he popped downstairs just to pee on the rug - I reckon he'd heard me talking through the re-arrangements . He is so bloody cocky with it, they eyeballing as he lifts his tail.

He was such a good little sausage before he teamed up with Boobly. Everything went in the litter tray & his poops in a very tidy pile. I can cope with poo city but do think he is taking the pee with his wee's . The local shop is out of white wine vinegar - I'm now on organic triple filtered stuff (which looks like bunny pee as it happens) & the house smells like a chip shop

Rodney does that! And looks directly at me while he's doing it!

We put the litter tray in the spot and moved it slowly across though I guess that would be hard for Boo!

The other thing that worked was rug removal, he did sulk though [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Rodney does that! And looks directly at me while he's doing it!

We put the litter tray in the spot and moved it slowly across though I guess that would be hard for Boo!

The other thing that worked was rug removal, he did sulk though [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

oh christ :lol: got to admit, they are clearly kindred spirits . See I can't remove the rug as Boo needs the traction now she's getting on.

Eddy sulks too. Complete tantrums also ....the sort where you have to try & cajole him with herbs because he is so very wounded. Worst was when we removed chair legs in lounge for bunny bonding. I think the main issue with Eddy is he thinks he is top bun of everyone. He knows we don't want him to do this stuff but that motivates him more :lol: my previous rabbits were much more sneaky

I might wrap the corner of the rug in tin foil. Mice apparently don't like tinfoil so maybe bunnies won't either. Its that or make myself a hat out of it

Eddy Pee Pee Pants is driving me nuts. So we moved back to the huge dog beds which'd be fine only the boy is obsessed with peeing on the corner of the rug. Sliced a chunk out of an under storage bed (so blind Boobly can access it - she had it sussed in no time) & shifted the rug. There is now a good distance between rug & bunny toilet. TWICE yesterday he popped downstairs just to pee on the rug - I reckon he'd heard me talking through the re-arrangements . He is so bloody cocky with it, they eyeballing as he lifts his tail.

He was such a good little sausage before he teamed up with Boobly. Everything went in the litter tray & his poops in a very tidy pile. I can cope with poo city but do think he is taking the pee with his wee's . The local shop is out of white wine vinegar - I'm now on organic triple filtered stuff (which looks like bunny pee as it happens) & the house smells like a chip shop

It would drive me nuts too. Fair enough when accidents happen or it's a mobility issue. I would definitely remove the rug. I think you need to break the habit and so I would move it to somewhere else in the house, or just remove it temporarily. What's on the floor underneath the rug? Would Boo definitely have a problem? Have you got something else you could put in its place. He'd get no herbs from me, after sulking :lol:

It would drive me nuts too. Fair enough when accidents happen or it's a mobility issue. I would definitely remove the rug. I think you need to break the habit and so I would move it to somewhere else in the house, or just remove it temporarily. What's on the floor underneath the rug? Would Boo definitely have a problem? Have you got something else you could put in its place. He'd get no herbs from me, after sulking :lol:

its just lino - ultimately we'll have proper wooden floors ...when bunnies & finances allow. Yeah Boo doesn't move as well on lino & she needs to be able to move confidently cos of her disabilities + Eddy. It doesnt have to be the rug. Previously I had bunny fleeces , towel, bathmat in front of their toilets & he'll happily wee on those but I'm sick of the washing. So I left just the rug & lino around litter tray but when the litter tray doesn't have something next to it he wees on the corner of the rug .

its just lino - ultimately we'll have proper wooden floors ...when bunnies & finances allow. Yeah Boo doesn't move as well on lino & she needs to be able to move confidently cos of her disabilities + Eddy. It doesnt have to be the rug. Previously I had bunny fleeces , towel, bathmat in front of their toilets & he'll happily wee on those but I'm sick of the washing. So I left just the rug & lino around litter tray but when the litter tray doesn't have something next to it he wees on the corner of the rug .

Sounds like it's not the rug specifically, so as anything else gets the same treatment, no point in taking the rug away. How about moving the litter tray, perhaps to the other side of the room, just to make things different.

Back