• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dexter's dead

:( So sorry for your and your sister's loss. Thinking of her as seeing an animal, especially a much loved member of the family, fitting is one of the worst thing in the world.

I spoke to her and she said that even though she was on the train, if she was at home she might never have known because she could have been in another room. Then she never would have known what happened and could have just found him. At least this way she was with him and could hug him and tell him she loved him. Only minutes before she took a picture of all three of them because they looked so happy, all snuggled up together in the carry case.

I think it was a heart attack now I think about the way she describes it. Poor little boy, he was so young, only two. I'm so glad I went into the pet shop that day. I'm so glad I asked about his teeth. I'm so glad I decided to take him and get him the vet treatment, I'm so glad my vets let me put it on a tab as I had no money and I'm so glad my sister adopted him. He couldn't have been with anyone better.

He was so much smaller than his litter mate, perhaps there was always something wrong inside. He was such a wonderful character, full of so much love, mischief and happiness and was loved by everyone who met him.

I will miss him, but I know my sister will miss him more.

Thank you everyone who's replied. I told her about the thread and she wants to read it later, I know all your replies will mean a lot to her.

I spoke to her and she said that even though she was on the train, if she was at home she might never have known because she could have been in another room. Then she never would have known what happened and could have just found him. At least this way she was with him and could hug him and tell him she loved him. Only minutes before she took a picture of all three of them because they looked so happy, all snuggled up together in the carry case.

I think it was a heart attack now I think about the way she describes it. Poor little boy, he was so young, only two. I'm so glad I went into the pet shop that day. I'm so glad I asked about his teeth. I'm so glad I decided to take him and get him the vet treatment, I'm so glad my vets let me put it on a tab as I had no money and I'm so glad my sister adopted him. He couldn't have been with anyone better.
He was so much smaller than his litter mate, perhaps there was always something wrong inside. He was such a wonderful character, full of so much love, mischief and happiness and was loved by everyone who met him.

I will miss him, but I know my sister will miss him more.

Thank you everyone who's replied. I told her about the thread and she wants to read it later, I know all your replies will mean a lot to her.

He sounds like he was very lucky and this has brought tears to my eyes. Hugs to you and your sister xxx

I didn't realise Dexter was so young. At least in his short time he had a wonderful and happy life. Thank goodness you got him. At least your sister has the other two bunnies to go home with, otherwise the trip would be unbearable. :( So tragic.

Just read this...so so sorry. At least he was with someone who loved him when he went....binky free little guy.

I posted earlier on the thread, but just wanted to say again how sorry I am, and to pass on my good wishes to your sister. xxx

Hi everybody.
My name is Joanne, I barely post on this forum and hardly keep up to date with it. But it has absolutely warmed my heart and I am sat here in tears as I read all the lovely things you have said about my dearest Dexter. Thankyou so much for everything you have said.

He was such a special bunny, so intelligent, so cute and so very loving. In his short life he gave so much to me and everyone he met. And never once did his look sad or feel sorry for himself (except when we had to neuter him, then he was very grumpy for a few hours!)

He was an exceptional bunny who lived and exceptional life considering his circumstances. And he will be sorely and fiercely missed.

I just wanted to share a story that I keep close to my heart that will hopefully bring a smile to everyone's faces.
Dexter was a little obsessed with his pellets, he was always trying to jump over his fence to get to the food. He tried numerous tactics, but all failed. We all lived in blissful ignorance that the food was safe as he just couldn't work out how to get to it.

Then one day, we came down to find Dexter sprawled on the floor, belly bloated like a fishbowl, surrounded by poops. Next to him was an empty food jug. Bare in mind, this food jug contained roughly 2 weeks worth of food for THREE RABBITS.
He ate it all in one night, then fell asleep at the scene of the crime.
When he woke up he was oblivious to his mischief and instantly wanted more!

It turned out he spent a couple of hours slowly pulling the fence towards the hutch. Then he ran to the top level and jumped out over it. What a clever little bunny. In my opinion he deserved all that food.

I just hope wherever he is now, he learns to hide the evidence a little better.

I love you forever my gorgeous Dexter, Binky free, and eat as much as your little heart desires
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am just finding this now. I am so terribly sorry for the loss of Dexter. :cry::cry::cry: I remember reading about his choking incident and had hoped he was doing better.
That story had me smiling through my tears. He was quite the bunny, what a character!
I just have no words. My Pip had a fit last summer that only lasted about a minute or two but scared me witless. I can't imagine how this must have affected you, Joanne. :cry:
Binky free sweet Dexter. Please watch over your mum and friends from the Bridge. Paradise is alight with a new angel.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh no this is horrible. Joanne I am so sorry. Dexter was a very special bun, lots of us were very taken with him and will miss him too. Sending love and hugs.:cry:

Binky free Dexter with all your new friends.:love:

Back