• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

devestated

the dogs arnt a problem, the problem is with the rabbits thumping and rustling. this is why iv asked if i can bring them indoors, even though its not ideal, he stil said no! i think its coz he think they would cause damage altho iv reasured him this wouldnt happen

take them out very visibly....wait about 2 weeks then bring them back again and keep them as house rabbits :D bet he wont notice.

take them out very visibly....wait about 2 weeks then bring them back again and keep them as house rabbits :D bet he wont notice.

:wave::) we had a situation like that 2 we rented for years and always ended up hidin them (molly and elvis) from rental house to rental house, in carry cases in the car, wardrobe (it was a walk in one) i used to sit by the wardrobe door watchin tv, in a towel so it would have been rude for the landlord to have a good look round let alone ask me to move:lol: (things we do for our pets:roll:)

think you should sneek them back in:).
x

:wave::) we had a situation like that 2 we rented for years and always ended up hidin them (molly and elvis) from rental house to rental house, in carry cases in the car, wardrobe (it was a walk in one) i used to sit by the wardrobe door watchin tv, in a towel so it would have been rude for the landlord to have a good look round let alone ask me to move:lol: (things we do for our pets:roll:)

think you should sneek them back in:).
x

I did this last week, i pretended i was in the bath. While Noel &Amber were jumping in out the bath/shower :roll: :lol:

Yeah go for it, keep them in the house. The landlord has to ask permission to come in so he cant just barge in, so you will always have notice.
We rent and we have always had rabbits, the agencies arent aware that the boys come inside.
Sod your stupid neighbour, what a silly excuse. People like that will look for any reason to complain, bet he is snotty because you "only" rent! The amount of times we have been treated shoddily by neighbours because we rent, both professional, quiet people but that doesnt mean a thing to them.

If you love your bunnies that much, keep 'em, I would. Go on be sneaky!!!:D

Mia

Ask your landlord to give you more time to sort this out- be reasonable and calm when you speak to him.

He is being very unfair and cannot demand that you just get rid of them like that.

Ask if you can try a solution first- put carpet on the bottom of the hutch which will muffle sound.

Do they have ceramic bowls in their hutches? Mine have a habbit of throwing them around on a night which can be really noisy and sound like thumping so maybe thats what they are up to? I'd try and speak to him to either get more time or tell him that you know why they were being noisy and have sorted it out, you could put vetbed down which should quiten things down.

i have left him a message to call me..........have pulled out the roll of soare carpet, going to try that tonight.............am going to ask for more time again. theres a woman my oh knos who has buns and may allow them to stay with her until we have something sorted

Phone your landlord and tell him that you won't be doing anything until he gives you written notice and a reasonable time to find them new homes. He can't just demand things like this be done in a space of a week. I'm not even sure he can ask you to get rid of them at all.

Is it possible you can move your hutches or possibly replace them? Some make louder noises than others depending on the materials.

yeh they have ceramic bowls, i think it may be the chewing on wood that he hates tho, that can be rather irritating lol he rents 2 so i dont know why he's being snotty! they like to turn their litter trays in protest at night also, but this hasnt happend for a while....

iv tried repositioning the hutches a few times, away from his fence and also turning the inover at night to see if that helped the buns feel more settled....im trying carpet tonight to try to muffle the thumps, havnt got a clue wot to do bout the wood chewing, its just what they do!

Phone your landlord and tell him that you won't be doing anything until he gives you written notice and a reasonable time to find them new homes. He can't just demand things like this be done in a space of a week. I'm not even sure he can ask you to get rid of them at all.

Is it possible you can move your hutches or possibly replace them? Some make louder noises than others depending on the materials.

I agree. don't give into him!

Ok, so things you can do:

carpet on the bottom of the inside of the hutch, plastic/metal bowls rather than ceramic. Bowl instead of water bottle in case that's noisy too.

Covers on the hutches so they can't see the cat they are thumping over.

Get some small holed wire mesh (Wilkinson's/B and Q) and attach it to the inside of the hutch where they are chewing- should stop them. Provide them with willow balls instead to distract them.

And you have moved the hutches.

If you tell the landlord about all this hopefully he will be more reasonable.

Back