• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Designing my rabbit hutch

Ooo that will be an amazing hutch once its finished :D

Just a warning - Do you have long arms? The recue I volunteer at has some 3ft x 4ft (i think) hutches and I have to climb into them to reach the back! I don't think I would be able to reach in, pick up bunny and then get out with whacking my head on the ceiling or something :oops: I am very small though so maybe 'normal' height people find it easy :? :roll:

Last edited:
Ooo that will be an amazing hutch once its finished :D

Just a warning - Do you have long arms? The recue I volunteer at has some 3ft x 4ft (i think) hutches and I have to climb into them to reach the back! I don't think I would be able to reach in, pick up bunny and then get out with whacking my head on the ceiling or something :oops: I am very small though so maybe 'normal' height people find it easy :?:roll:

I dont, but I will climb in, they are litter trained so it isnt too bad

Sounds fantastic - lucky buns :)

If you are worried about cleaning, you can always use a long handled dustpan and brush :wave:

Sounds fantastic - lucky buns :)

If you are worried about cleaning, you can always use a long handled dustpan and brush :wave:

Good idea!

My boss has offered to take a van-load of pallets to my Dad, so we will be overflowing with wood :D

Which wood pallets are you using chul?

I only ask, as the ones i used to work with could be very flimsy and the wood was quite 'thin' and could easily be destroyed by a fox or similar.

Which wood pallets are you using chul?

I only ask, as the ones i used to work with could be very flimsy and the wood was quite 'thin' and could easily be destroyed by a fox or similar.

They are ones that our massive quad bikes / ride on lawnmowers / heavy machines are delivered on so arent flimsy.

:D

Awesome.

Sorry, wasn't trying to put a downer on it or anything, was actually interested :)

No its a reasonable question and something I hadnt thought of. Trust me though, this hutch will be super secure :)

Back