• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Describe your bunny in 5 words

Haha, yes, he can be a little sod for stealing Fudgie's food but he has been getting better on that front recently.

Another issue with him is that he really doesn't like sharing toys. I've had many chats with him about how it's not nice to be selfish.

I do feel bad for pointing out more of his negative traits, especially as he hasn't been very well today.
Aw, he's a food thief, poor Fudgie, haha. It's good that he's been getting better about it. And he doesn't like sharing his toys. Oh, Scipio... I've had the chats about how it's not nice to be selfish with my two as well, as they don't like sharing food. I'm guessing your chats with Scipio are about as helpful as the ones I have with Sophie and Casper. ;)

I'm sorry he wasn't very well yesterday, poor boy. I hope he's having a better day today. I agree with j&b that they're not really negative traits for bunny. I feel like bunnies are so inherently cute, nothing about them can ever be bad. :love:

Yep, my chats have not had much impact either! 😆 I definitely agree that bunnies are even more cute when they behave like brats!

Scipio is feeling better today. Yesterday morning he was hiding away and refusing food. I couldn't get an appointment with the vet until 5.30, but fortunately I had some metacam to give him so at least he didn't have to spend hours in pain. He did perk up in the afternoon and started to eat hay and pass some poos. They were smaller than usual so I decided to keep the appointment as there was clearly some gut slowdown going on.

He once again gave the poor vet a really hard time. He massively kicked off during the examination. So much so, we struggled to keep him under control. Thank goodness we decided to do it on the floor. Well done, Scips. You've succeeded in establishing your reputation in Nottingham!

Yep, my chats have not had much impact either! 😆 I definitely agree that bunnies are even more cute when they behave like brats!

Scipio is feeling better today. Yesterday morning he was hiding away and refusing food. I couldn't get an appointment with the vet until 5.30, but fortunately I had some metacam to give him so at least he didn't have to spend hours in pain. He did perk up in the afternoon and started to eat hay and pass some poos. They were smaller than usual so I decided to keep the appointment as there was clearly some gut slowdown going on.

He once again gave the poor vet a really hard time. He massively kicked off during the examination. So much so, we struggled to keep him under control. Thank goodness we decided to do it on the floor. Well done, Scips. You've succeeded in establishing your reputation in Nottingham!
I'm not surprised that they haven't. :lol: Exactly!

I'm really glad Scipio is feeling better. Poor boy, not wanting to eat and hiding... That definitely sounds for the best that you did the examination on the floor when he was struggling so much! Hopefully he won't need another vet visit in quite a while, as he clearly doesn't like them!

Lopsy had a reputation as a table-jumper :roll: Chibbs has a reputation as the Perfect Bunny but it's all an act!

I got one for the rest in the same daft style:

Lopsy: Stairs not reaching the landing.

Barrie: Big bunny shaped oil slick

Aboleth: One eye won't stop me

Lopsy had a reputation as a table-jumper :roll: Chibbs has a reputation as the Perfect Bunny but it's all an act!

Fudgie's a table jumper too.

One of the worst times was when she jumped towards me, but mis-timed the jump and landed on my face. It was like that scene from Octopussy. Then she decided to climb upwards to the top of my head so I ended up wearing her as a bloody hat! I was really worried she'd try and jump down from up there onto the floor and hurt herself. So I very slowly knelt down to floor level while trying to hold her steady as she was frantically clawing at my scalp.

The vet didn't lift a finger to help, I might add!

One of the worst times was when she jumped towards me, but mis-timed the jump and landed on my face. It was like that scene from Octopussy. Then she decided to climb upwards to the top of my head so I ended up wearing her as a bloody hat! I was really worried she'd try and jump down from up there onto the floor and hurt herself. So I very slowly knelt down to floor level while trying to hold her steady as she was frantically clawing at my scalp.

I think I'd hhave been helpless with laughter

My first bun Angel made a leap from the consult table, not in to my arms but on to a shelf where they kept boxes of syringes and tubes n stuff. I remember being embarrassed more than anything & mumbling about the appropriateness of the shelfs placement:lol: the vet took pleasure in telling me it had been there many years & that my rabbit was the first pet he'd known to land on,,,& clear it

Great thread. I would say, starting with Bertie, that he is apprehensive (he doesn't handle new surroundings or explore well), he is doting (to flo), he is alert, he is comfortable (as in he seems to like his home here), and he is foody.
Flo is very different. She is independent, emotional, determined, extremely strong-willed, and she is very supportive towards her hus-buns. That sounds awful as she has lost 2 hus-buns with us, but she has adapted each time and allowed new bunnies into her heart and life.

This made me laugh because we had a similar situation so I can picture exactly what your experience was like! :lol:

Britney's always been a table jumper but one time, she jumped so high she landed on the vet's head. The vet, who unfortunately happened to be allergic to rabbits, completely froze in panic with Britney sat on top of her head, digging her little claws in. We removed her pretty sharpish but she left the vet's hair looking very birds nest-esque, with the vet exclaiming "I've never had anything like this happen before!", before leaving the room to regain her composure. Thankfully Britney was welcomed back for future visits, but we do always pre-warn the vets now :lol:

Words to describe my bunnies:

Phillip - cheeky, friendly, loving, mischievous, silky
Britney - dramatic, greedy, hilarious, nosy, forgiving
Whitney - timid, gentle, clever, kind, sneaky

These stories of bunny acrobatics at the vets are so funny. :lol:

I like this different approach you've taken to answering the question, and I like your answers, too! :D

Great thread. I would say, starting with Bertie, that he is apprehensive (he doesn't handle new surroundings or explore well), he is doting (to flo), he is alert, he is comfortable (as in he seems to like his home here), and he is foody.
Flo is very different. She is independent, emotional, determined, extremely strong-willed, and she is very supportive towards her hus-buns. That sounds awful as she has lost 2 hus-buns with us, but she has adapted each time and allowed new bunnies into her heart and life.
Aww, Bertie and Flo seem so good for each other. :love:

Words to describe my bunnies:

Phillip - cheeky, friendly, loving, mischievous, silky
Britney - dramatic, greedy, hilarious, nosy, forgiving
Whitney - timid, gentle, clever, kind, sneaky
Gosh, Phillip, Britney, Whitney sound like they're a lot of fun. :love:

Dusty: likes licking people, bubble brained, lettuce lover, blue-eyed long-haired beauty, binky champion.

Lampchop very nippy

Booboo (Lucky) very genital and a bit funny & cute, he thinks his getting a treat every time.

Bugs very genital and she doesn't like to be petted so much.

Oreo so cute shes just a type of bunny you can't help to cuddle and she makes a growl which is soooo cute but she don't like being cuddled or petted too much.

Snuggles is very cute she don't like being handled but she loves a stroke and I can take a nap with her, she is very tamed but at the same time she can be very nervous.

Lampchop very nippy

Booboo (Lucky) very genital and a bit funny & cute, he thinks his getting a treat every time.

Bugs very genital and she doesn't like to be petted so much.

Oreo so cute shes just a type of bunny you can't help to cuddle and she makes a growl which is soooo cute but she don't like being cuddled or petted too much.

Snuggles is very cute she don't like being handled but she loves a stroke and I can take a nap with her, she is very tamed but at the same time she can be very nervous.
Okay, aside from Lambchop, that's definitely way more than 5 words. :lol: That must be nice, being able to take a nap with Snuggles. Growling is usually not a good sign, so I'm afraid I wouldn't find it cute when Oreo does that! Booboo sounds like Casper in thinking it's treat time all day long. :lol:

Okay, aside from Lambchop, that's definitely way more than 5 words. :lol: That must be nice, being able to take a nap with Snuggles. Growling is usually not a good sign, so I'm afraid I wouldn't find it cute when Oreo does that! Booboo sounds like Casper in thinking it's treat time all day long. :lol:

I hear ya. When Oreo growls I normally reassure her that she is safe, she gets frightened easily and I think when she growls she doesn't know what is going on. I tend to not handle her too much now and she is happier that way.

I hear ya. When Oreo growls I normally reassure her that she is safe, she gets frightened easily and I think when she growls she doesn't know what is going on. I tend to not handle her too much now and she is happier that way.
Aw, I'm glad she's happier now that you don't handle her as much.

All four of them are beautiful, shy, loving with each other (except at meal times when the bucks chase their does), chill and curious. They all relax a LOT during the day and all love to investigate anything new that I put into their enclosures. Loganberry (buck) and Daisy (doe) are especially curious.

All four of them are beautiful, shy, loving with each other (except at meal times when the bucks chase their does), chill and curious. They all relax a LOT during the day and all love to investigate anything new that I put into their enclosures. Loganberry (buck) and Daisy (doe) are especially curious.
Aw, they sound like they all match well, having similar personalities. :love:

Back