• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Declan-Probably Cancer - U/D 11th April- He's Gone :-(

Just back from Vets

Laura has confirmed my fears and we think Declan has a cancer :cry:

We are treating for acute infection, just incase. But neither of us feel very optomistic :cry:

Declan had a dreadful start in life and he is only just 3 years old :cry:

This is because I dared to have a day whereby my MH problems *seemed* to be more managable.

Oh how stupid of me to think I could get away with that.

Jane!! THIS IS NOT PUNISHMENT FOR YOU HAVING A GOOD MH DAY!!

Repeat this over and over again please.

Sorry about poor poor Declan, but you know deep down that you do your very best for your buns and they have the loveliest lives. Declan's illness has NOTHING to do with the way you treat him, and it's not karma, it's just horrible, horrible misfortune.

PLEASE STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP.

MUCH MUCH LOVE.

I'm sorry you're not very optimistic about Declan. I hope he remains happy and comfortable and surprises you all.

This is because I dared to have a day whereby my MH problems *seemed* to be more managable.

Its very easy to think we influence these things, because it means that the events would be changable and you have some control. Actually, whether your had had a good day yesterday, the worst day, an average day, or whatever, Declan would still have gotten ill. This is not something you have any control over Jane, however difficult that is to deal with.

Declan's problems are not related to yours at all. You deserve to have days where things are brighter and, if something happens to bring you down the following day, that's not any sort of punishment; it's just life and life is sometimes very cruel.

Oh no, I'm so sorry :( You are not being punished! Please don't think it's your fault. Sending lots of vibes for Declan and hugs for you xx

Oh dear, not poor Declan. He's such a little sweetie :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(
I didn't know he was only 3.

And Jane. This is NOT punishment. I know it may feel that way but please, it's not. (((massive hugs)))

Jane, you know how we have been shouting at another forum member that her rabbits are not about to drop dead from rat poison? It is the same for you. These things are not driven by us and what as do. This is a rubbish thing to happen to poor Declan but it is not in any way shape your fault. Please enjoy your good days, they are to be relished. You are not responsible for this.

Its very easy to think we influence these things, because it means that the events would be changable and you have some control. Actually, whether your had had a good day yesterday, the worst day, an average day, or whatever, Declan would still have gotten ill. This is not something you have any control over Jane, however difficult that is to deal with.

Very wise words, and much as it doesn't feel like it Jane, its true.

Declen will be happy and comfortable for the rest of his days Jane, you gave him and are giving him a good life. I am thinking of you both.

Just back from Vets

Laura has confirmed my fears and we think Declan has a cancer :cry:

We are treating for acute infection, just incase. But neither of us feel very optomistic :cry:

Declan had a dreadful start in life and he is only just 3 years old :cry:

Where abouts do they think the cancer is? Sorry if I have missed it

Sorry to see this update. If the worst happens, Declan has had the best of lives while with you. You mustn't blame yourself at all.

I'm really sorry to hear about Declan. Hope he can fight whatever is making him poorly and enjoy a good quality of life for some time yet.

Please dont feel guilty for being able to have a good day yesterday - goodness knows you deserve to have a good day once in a while - its not related to your bunny being poorly - it just isnt.

I am really sorry Jane. Hugs to you and tons of vibes for Declan.

Please don't see this as a punishment. You are a wonderful bunny mum. I hope something can be done to treat Declan.

Back