• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daves Castration

Glad he's home. His tea looks yummy. :thumb:

I hope all goes well with him tonight and he doesn't mess with his incisions. xx

So far so good :thumb: Lots of droppings this morning and a big wee. He also did a binky which I told him off for, you wouldn't think he had surgery less than 48 hours ago :roll:

He was lying down and he let me have a good look at his incision, it's quite impressive! All looks to be normal so I'll just check every morning and hopefully all will be fine until his post op appointment next week. He's so well behaved with letting me check all his bits out, he lets me bathe his sore hock too - without flinching!

:love:

So far so good :thumb: Lots of droppings this morning and a big wee. He also did a binky which I told him off for, you wouldn't think he had surgery less than 48 hours ago :roll:

He was lying down and he let me have a good look at his incision, it's quite impressive! All looks to be normal so I'll just check every morning and hopefully all will be fine until his post op appointment next week. He's so well behaved with letting me check all his bits out, he lets me bathe his sore hock too - without flinching!

:love:

This was exactly what Winston was like! He looked so forlorn in his carrier when I picked him up from the vets but as soon as he was home it was like he hadn't had surgery! Glad Dave is doing well :)

Here is a bowl of temptation waiting for him...
Crikey, mine wouldn't know where to start! :lol: :D

What a star :D Best wishes to him!

Yay!!!

He's landed on his paws with you!

His dinner is making me hungry!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do you think I should let Dave out to stretch his legs? He's in a dog crate in the conservatory at the moment, so he's not got a great deal of space to move around in. I let him out for half hour this morning which he enjoyed. It's a very narrow conservatory but about 15ft long and he loves it - a little too much!

I'd leave him out whenever you can supervise if I were you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do you think I should let Dave out to stretch his legs? He's in a dog crate in the conservatory at the moment, so he's not got a great deal of space to move around in. I let him out for half hour this morning which he enjoyed. It's a very narrow conservatory but about 15ft long and he loves it - a little too much!

Since he's had such an invasive surgery, I would be concerned about him moving around too much and pulling on any internal stitching. I would probably err on the side of caution and keep him from running around for several days at least. You can also give your vet a ring to ask what they would suggest.

So glad to hear he is recovering well :)

Dave had his post op today. He's done a little interfering but nothing too serious. He's on a course of Baytril and has another appointment booked for Wednesday.

Part of his incision is looking a little gunky this evening, is this to be expected? He started a course of Baytril yesterday.

No I don't think it is normal unless it was like that before but it sounds like this has just come on? I would take him back tomorrow. :)

So not as sinister as I first thought it seems. It looks odd but definitely not leaking/seeping. The vet seemed to think that it could be part of the scar tissue forming? I don't know, it was a very rushed appointment but he wasn't too concerned and said the wounds not open which is the main thing. Unfortunately the vet I was booked into see was off sick and I got the impression the vet I saw wasn't a rabbit man. He was very old and very posh! He kept trying to flip Dave onto his back :evil:

Poor Dave, he's having a clean now.

Back