• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daves Castration

Its not that rare - usually they just take one off and see if the other appears at some stage. As you say it can be quite a chase to look for the other one and quite intrusive.

Hope he is fine overnight.

Its not that rare - usually they just take one off and see if the other appears at some stage. As you say it can be quite a chase to look for the other one and quite intrusive.

Hope he is fine overnight.

Thanks Parsnip. I must admit after Barney not coming home the other week I'm very anxious about it all. I'm so thankful for RU!

Just want to see him! Vets going to ring at about 8 with a verdict on whether he's well enough to come home or not this evening.

I hope Dave is doing okay. My rabbit Winston was neutered a couple of months ago. Only one of his testicles had descended too and they had to go into his abdomen. They did find it though. He had 2 incision sites because he has the incision site where they took his descended testicle off and then a very large incision right along his abdomen for the undescended one. I was very taken aback by how large the incision site was and how much fur they had shaved and things but he was my first rabbit, you sound a bit more experienced than me!

I hope Dave is doing okay. My rabbit Winston was neutered a couple of months ago. Only one of his testicles had descended too and they had to go into his abdomen. They did find it though. He had 2 incision sites because he has the incision site where they took his descended testicle off and then a very large incision right along his abdomen for the undescended one. I was very taken aback by how large the incision site was and how much fur they had shaved and things but he was my first rabbit, you sound a bit more experienced than me!

How was recovery ImoT? Did he mess with incisions at all?

Daves staying over at the hospital tonight. I could have had him home but I decided I'd prefer him to stay there where he can be kept a close eye on during the night.

The vet said he's currently shredding up his newspaper :)

How was recovery ImoT? Did he mess with incisions at all?

His recovery was really quite quick. He is a free range house rabbit so I had to keep him in a restricted area for about 10 days. But I think after about a week I started letting him out of the pen a bit. He licked his incision a bit and it was a bit red and swollen. At his 3 day post op check the vet nurse recommended I put some aloe vera gel on it but that was the worst decision ever as it was a nightmare to get on him and made him lick it more! So we just left it and he stopped fussing it and it healed up nicely :) I gave him metacam for about a week though.

He also had to stay overnight. I was a nervous wreck and barely slept but it was the best decision for him!

Off to pick him up soon! I have a nurse appointment to go through his medication and then he will be discharged :love:

Here is a bowl of temptation waiting for him...

Oh yum, if he doesn't want it I'll have it ! :lol: hope he settles back in home ok, healing vibes Dave xx

Back