• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daves Castration

Bit of a nightmare today, hes not been to the toilet since last night, although he did have quite an appetite this morning. He tends to eat some of his droppings as they come out and I have seen him do this maybe six or seven times today. I've also seen him have at least three drinks of water since yesterday evening but his tray is bone dry. He spends so much of his time cleaning, it's like obsessive. One minute he's running around looking very bright and the next he's hunched up and looking sorry for himself. I'm really struggling to understand him at the moment, I just feel a bit hopeless.

Aw man... Best wishes Dave! Lopsy spent ages cleaning once I took his cone off (poor kid...) but in all the right places. And by the time it was cone-off time he was quite well again.. He spent a lot of time sat or lying down in the 24hrs after his op but his was straightforward (as far as I know). I have no idea about Aboleth because she was spayed at the rescue.

Again, wishing you all all the best!

Thank you keletkezes

I decided to put him out in the run and he's like a different bunny. He's so alert and doing lots of binkies. Maybe he just needed to get out. I thought by keeping him in I would be letting his wound get a good rest and chance to heal you see.

Anyway I'm hoping for droppings now!

Only just had the time to catch up with this thread
Sorry Daves been causing you problems!

I'm glad he's enjoying his run & the change of scenery, I hope he recovers well :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hopefully it's just the fact he's been cooped up. I'm sure getting mobile helps everything else get mobile! Nose rubs for Dave :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being outside does wonders for rabbits sometimes - often I will try this with a rabbit whose brief illness appears to have become moping . . . if you have grass in your garden then some of that will also help restart his gut flora properly.

I have a vet appointment booked in at 5.45 for him. I'd like to be able to cancel it but i can't see anything happening between now and then on the toilet front! It's a bit embarrassing going back to the vets every day, certainly making the most of his free post op appointments :lol:

So blummin stressful. The vet who Dave was booked into see has been sent home sick so who knows who he'll end up with :( just hope it's not the man from last night :lol:

How was your appointment?

Not too bad thank you for asking tonibun.

I had a good vet so I was pleased. He felt Daves tummy, said it felt fine and not to worry. He prescribed more Zantac & Metoclopramide. I just find it so odd that he's ate so much and nothings coming out :?

Just caught up with thread, so pleased Daves on the mend. Really hope you have no more vets visits x

Back