• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Damn EC :(

Yeah, hopefully it was just a temporary thing yesterday - might even have been that she couldn't face moving as far as the litter tray when she felt rough.

Well here we go again... Clover is fine, but just dosed Dusty up with Metoclop and Metacam now too. Wot no sleep. :(

So sorry EC, its murderous isn't it. My lot are becoming totally different bunnies on the Panacur :) but shame that they go right downhill without it? :cry:

hey, so sorry they aren't well again. As you prob know I have a bunny with suspected active EC too, with the incontinence problems and just general not 100% health - never finishing a moult, always snuffling/sneezing, low weight etc.

Initially she was treated with antibiotics for her incontinence a few times - in case it was a UTI. She always got better on it (which i think is because although antibiotics don't kill EC, they do interfere with it's development. So for a while she got better). We also changed her diet to low Calcium foods - so Oxbow pellets (no alfalfa in) and low calcium veg. Just in case there were tiny calcium grains in her bladder that were irritating her. The vet couldn't feel any though. her urine and blood were all tested too, with no results, no high levels of anything, no infection etc.
Then she started to get stiff back legs, until the point where she had a day where she was literally dragging her back end around.

SO the vets eventually decided it was EC. She is on a 6 week course of Panacur now (after all the great information you gave me SarahP!) and she is about 12 days into it.
She is already looking better - she seems to be trying to finish her moult (woo hoo!!!) after about 6 months! and she looks a little rounder. She eats much more rigourously, she is more confident and also her legs seem looser. I do still find the odd patch of urine in the hutch. But it does look better - she doesn't leak it while running etc.

So I just wanted to say that with the help of people on here and the process of elimination of everything else, I am positive its EC. I am worried about it coming back in the future though.

Oh that's really good to hear. :) I certainly find with mine that the Panacur works really quickly.

Just to update, Dusty was ill all night, so I got to bed in the early hours and was on 2 hour sleeping shifts with her (so absolutely exhausted now!!), but.... she is now looking really well. I really thought this time it was one for the emergency vet, but she pulled through. :)

What really occurred to me in the middle of the night was, how on earth do those of you manage who have a large number of sick bunnies? 2 is stressful enough! :shock: :roll: :lol:

What really occurred to me in the middle of the night was, how on earth do those of you manage who have a large number of sick bunnies? 2 is stressful enough! :shock: :roll: :lol:

You learn to survive on no sleep :shock:

You also LOOK like you survive on no sleep :? :roll:

Janex

I keep wondering how people cope with children, if its this bad with bunnies whats it like when they're you're own flesh and blood so to speak!!!!:shock:

I thought that too with all the sleeping shifts! :lol: I seriously cannot cope without sleep - me and the husband are like Mr and Mrs Zombie today! :oops: :lol:

Back