• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cookie is not used to the cold

KCG

Warren Veteran
This is a very interesting topic. Normally I thought bunnies liked cold weather. But the situation looks very different for Cookie.

Cookie handles very well in 25-30 degrees weather. Even when the house is 20-21 degrees I notice that the ears of Cookie get cold. I noticed that Cookie doesn't like or isn't used to the cold. Cookie's ears look normal unless the temperature is too hot.

Turkey is a Mediterranean country, so the climate is generally hot. Very hot in summer and warm in winter. In winter, natural gas heaters are always on at home, in winter our house is always 22-23 degrees. In summer, the house is usually 25-30 degrees. Cookie loves these temperatures. Cookie gets cold at lower temperatures.

After all you say you keep your rabbit at lower temperatures. Do you think this is because Cookie adapts to Turkey's climate? :roll:

Back