• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confession - help please!

Hmmm I think it's only harmful if you eat too much of it. A bit like radiation really. Old pots were painted with a paint that had trace ammounts of radiation and they're fine, but everyone knows radiation is a terrible thing. *shrugs*

I think its only natural to worry :D As for foxes, I had one come in my window at home and scurry about my lounge before jumping back out the window (buns were in the garage at the time) therefore I would not feel they would be safe to run alone in the garden. They now run in an 8ft x 6ft run in the garden which I can see from my window and I usually sit and do my work in the garden so I can keep an eye. I'm also a bit wary as a few years ago I left my bunny in his run and when I came back (only popped out to the shop) he was all floppy. The vet thought he'd either broken his back (possibly scared from a cat) or he had floppy rabbit syndrome. Since then iv vowed not to leave the house unless someone is here to 'supervise'. If my two ever even saw a fox they would prob die of shock!

I don't mean to scare you or anything, just wanted to let you know my experience with mr fox. If you make your 'prescence' known it should be ok. Iv heard human wee can help...?? :lol:

EC is spread by wild rats and mice, so you're not being daft.

Your buns would really benefit from getting outside in the sun sometimes though, lack of natural sunlight can cause health problems too.

Good luck

Amy

We have a lot of cats around too. But the buns don't seem to care and the cats seem to be quite spooked by them. I don't think a non-urban fox would come up to you whilst you were out. If you're worried I think something that will make a loud noise will work better than a water squirter. :)

Thanks for all your input, guys. We do keep our building nice and clean - the rubbish is left and collected at the front of the building only and in allocated bins. Altho foxes still come at night prowling the streets. They are seriously brazen!

They do have plenty of natural sulight thru the windows during the day - Frasier loves to sunbathe. I will start taking them out soon but I will stay by their side the whole time just in case. Thanks for being so nice - I do feel daft admitting how scared I am about it. :oops:

What can you do to protect against EC?

I have some panacur in my first box. I bought some for when i adopted and bonded Beatrix Annie and Frasier with Darcy. Do you think its a good idea to gve them a course of pancaur before starting garden time?

Back