• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerned about 3 rabbits

marchi1990

Mama Doe
Hello everyone,

I spoke to somebody I know today who mentioned briefly that in a nearby pub (that is soon to close down) there are three rabbits in very small cages, who get no attention and are rarely fed.

Also, I heard that they are thinking about opening their cages and just letting them go.

I am obviously concerned and am not sure what to do. I don't have exact evidence because this person only mentioned it.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is there some way you could persuade them to let you have them and at the same time contact a rescue to explain the situation and transfer them to the rescue when possible.
If they dont know a rescue is involved they might be prepared to let you take them if they arent really bothered about them,and as the pub is closing theyll have other things on their minds.
Just an "off the top of my head"answer which might not be feasable.
Poor bunnies:evil:

If you are able to take them I would go in oh so casual and just say "I heard some people saying you had some rabbits you don't want, is it true, I love rabbits" and see what they say.

Is there some way you could persuade them to let you have them and at the same time contact a rescue to explain the situation and transfer them to the rescue when possible.
If they dont know a rescue is involved they might be prepared to let you take them if they arent really bothered about them,and as the pub is closing theyll have other things on their minds.
Just an "off the top of my head"answer which might not be feasable.
Poor bunnies:evil:

If you are able to take them I would go in oh so casual and just say "I heard some people saying you had some rabbits you don't want, is it true, I love rabbits" and see what they say.

Yeah I think you're right in that the casual "I just happen to love rabbits" approach is best. I am going to confirm the details with the person who knows about it tomorrow so I know for definite.

I will then either drop in to the pub (and arrange with a rescue etc) or call the RSPCA.

Please let us know how you get on. Things like this I find a terrible worry. Definitely agree you can't say anything about a rescue or RSPCA, or people will probably just let them go, assuming they are even still alive if not being fed!!

Please let us know how you get on. Things like this I find a terrible worry. Definitely agree you can't say anything about a rescue or RSPCA, or people will probably just let them go, assuming they are even still alive if not being fed!!

I know it's absolutely awful - my dad is seeing the man who mentioned it this morning so hopefully when I get more details I will know what action to take!

I feel so sad for them.

Oh poor things. Hope you manage to help them. I'm worrying now. Will keep an eye on this thread.

Look at the sticky, second one down on the Rabbit Welfare page. It will give you the advice you need.

Best of luck.:thumb:

Thank you all. The man who told me about this is going to inform the owners that I would be more than happy to take them off their hands.

Should probably hear after the weekend.

Hope they are ok.

Is there any chance of you (safely) going around there and introducing yourself as 'lady who wants the cute bunnies?'...

Hi,

I'm so sorry I haven't replied sooner - I didn't realise somebody posted more than a fortnight ago :oops:

Anyway, there is some sad news.

Unfortunately, one of the rabbits was let out by a customer at the pub (probably drunk) and was sadly caught by a fox :(

As for the other two, the person I know has suggested that they come to me but I have heard nothing.

Aww poor rabbit being let out and caught... Really hope that the others find their way to you although it doesnt sound likely...

Aww poor rabbit being let out and caught... Really hope that the others find their way to you although it doesnt sound likely...

I think it is looking unlikely too.

I will casually remind the man I know that my services are still available.

Back