• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Companion for my young rabbit

Hils

New Kit
I have a 8 -9 week old bunny, Im not sure of the sex. I heard its good for youre bunny to have a companion. I work full time and i i think it would be great companyfor my little furry friend. ther are a few more rabbits goin from teh same litter and the one i have.. would one of these bunnies be an ideal partner for my rabbit as a companion. It has been apart from the rest of the litter for 2 weeks now. would re-introducing it to its fellow sister or brother cause a fight? or should i just buy another young rabbit to be its companion?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

i dont think that you should 'buy' another bunny as such but go down to your local rescue and speak to them and see if they have any suitable rabbits that could go with your bunny. a rescue will probably be able to help with the introduction, finding the right rabbit for you and telling you the sex of the rabbit that you have at the moment.

they might not fight as he/she is still very young. if it is a boy i wouldnt advise introducing another boy.

where abouts are you?

sophie

You should find out for sure what sex your rabbit is first, if u have a female then depending on here level of being terratorial it may well already be to late to introduce another female to her, it would be hit and miss but ive had a baby female in her own hutch for a week and then tried her with another female and it diddnt work out. They can have very sort memories .U would probebley do best to now get the other sex and when they are about three months at the least get the male castrated.If u want to give a rescue rabbit a new home then u should wait untill your rabbit is a bit older, because of the size difference.I dont know about other rescues but i rarely get babys come in to rescue or pregnant femals so ur chances og getting another baby would be slim. val

Recently ARC have had lots of babies handed over to them to find forever homes, on Friday we were asked to take in a young baby who is about 4 weeks old which had been found abandoned in a cardboard with no bedding, food or water. Fortuntely Emily survived on a really hot day and was handed over to us.

emilylg.jpg

Oh, she's beautiful. Aren't people awful? Squidgy was abandoned in a garden with severely overgrown teeth, no food etc.
Definitely best to get a rescue bunny when the time is right, as these buns have not had the best start in life and deserve a loving home.

At least she is safe now, she had probably been either kicked or dropped as she has a dried blood clot on her upper lip which you can just about see in the photo. We have no idea about where mum or her siblings are.

I am sure she will find a lovely home. We have a really nice collection of bunnies looking for a home at the moment from babies to a 6 month female French lop who is being neutered on Thursday.

jrn1310 said:
At least she is safe now, she had probably been either kicked or dropped as she has a dried blood clot on her upper lip which you can just about see in the photo. We have no idea about where mum or her siblings are.

I am sure she will find a lovely home. We have a really nice collection of bunnies looking for a home at the moment from babies to a 6 month female French lop who is being neutered on Thursday.

You always seem to get cuties in!

Caz

I spotted little Emily on the website yesterday, shes adorable and im sure would be a lovely little girlfriend for little Timmy :D

That is brilliant if little Emily could find a home with you and little Timmy and the rest of the bunny gang :D

Any idea how big Emily will get? If Timmy had a little friend I would want a rabbit of a similar size as him..................Problem is Timmy isnt neutered yet and wont be for a while as his bits havent dropped yet!!!

Was hoping to bond him with Louis & Twinkle but at the moment with all the noise the 2 of them make he seems petrified of them, which isnt encouraging for bonding him with them........hubby did say he would stretch to 6 rabbits and thats my limit, so there is potential for Emily!!!

Emily is pretty small at the moment, when she was dropped off with me she was about the size of my hand. She was very calm about being handled which was surprising considering her ordeal of that day. She is now with Sophie who is meant to be trying to put her with the other babies we have in so she has some company.

I put her on the website on Friday night, I am not sure if there has been any interest shown in her over the weekend, if you are interested give Donna a call or email her.

Janice

Hubby said yes..................but Emily is no longer on the website :( looks like maybe we are too late? :( :(

and Timmy was getting all excited too... :(

Back