• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clover U/D Is she depressed?

Sending vibes for Clover, hope she starts to feel better soon. :) I hope Sumi's dental goes ok too.

Karen xx

Hmm folks, I am now seriously wondering whether Clover is feeling depressed after her spell of poor health recently. She is eating little though quite often and her poos are smaller than normal but regular. But she is disinterested in life and is hiding a lot. I'm sure it can't still be pain as she is getting pain relief and it has been a while so her ulcers should have healed a little more.

Clover lost her best pal Jess in October (they lived in a twosome and my other three live together having failed in bonding them when they were littleys). So she is on her own now. Jess' death didn't seem to affect Clover too much and if anything she came out of her shell a little more around me as I have been spending much more time with her. She was the rabbit I knew least well of my gang as she is shy. Now that she has been sick it seems that she is very very lonely. All of my bunnies who have been sick seem to have benefited so much from the presence of their friends grooming them and reminding them how to do 'rabbit' things!

My setup means that all of my bunnies can see each other and sniff each other through their runs. This is a new setup since late Summer and hasn't caused any problems with referred agression (or whatever it is called). The hope was that it would help bond the group if they could see and smell each other for a while.

My plan is to try rebonding my group. My trio consist of a neutered boy and 2 neutered girls, so it would mean adding in another neutered girl. It didn't go very well when I last tried, though I was trying to introduce Jess and Clover at this point. As the weather is so bad, never mind the fact that I have been on a constant shift cycle with sick bunnies, I was hoping to wait until springtime so that I can get the time to do it properly. The other bunnies have been nice to her 'through the wire' and she seems to eat her hay a bit more when she sees them. Bless her little heart.

Bunnies need their friends I know, I regret not having tried to bond her sooner with my trio but I have had a lot on. I hope she doesn't give up on life.

Sorry this is a ramble, but just worried about my little Clover. I am trying to cheer her up with lots of time and nose rubs and toys and it works for a little while. Anything else anyone could suggest. Ideas are much appreciated

Fiona x

I was reading another thread about how a bunny passed away because her companion passed on befor her. So it definitely is something happening in the animal kingdom. You have more than 1 bunny, so if none of them like to bond with Clover, then get a new bunny.

Happy Hopping said:
I was reading another thread about how a bunny passed away because her companion passed on befor her. So it definitely is something happening in the animal kingdom. You have more than 1 bunny, so if none of them like to bond with Clover, then get a new bunny.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's my plan, will get her a little friend if it doesn't work out.

Fiona x

Back