• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Closed

When I had three rabbits and the trio didn't go well, I sepatated the troublesome one and had her living indoors. You can't just pass on a rabbit just because it won't bond how you were hoping. :? :(

Hey everyone I've finally decided for the last time
I'm bonding Jack and Lucky through a rescue if it's successful then I will keep them both.
If not then I will have to re home Jack and Adopt a female. :wave:
I think that is fair.
Im tryingg :D

What will you do if the new female doesn't bond with Lucky? Rehome her or even Lucky?

Why are rehoming him just to replace him by a female?:?

Male and male bondings do work you must try first, I just don't understand why you would rescue a rabbit just to put your original rabbit up for a new home?

This ^^^

He can't deter away neighbour hood cats and foxes that visit his road once every week.
Thats why im going have to deny.

What makes you think the cats are going to harm the rabbits? My cats are fine with Riley and they even lie on the grass together in the summer. Why do most people have to think cats are such harmful creatures towards other animals? :roll:

Hey everyone I've finally decided for the last time
I'm bonding Jack and Lucky through a rescue if it's successful then I will keep them both.
If not then I will have to re home Jack and Adopt a female. :wave:
I think that is fair.
Im tryingg :D

You wont have to rehome Jack, you could keep them as single buns? :wave:

This ^^^

What makes you think the cats are going to harm the rabbits? My cats are fine with Riley and they even lie on the grass together in the summer. Why do most people have to think cats are such harmful creatures towards other animals? :roll:

Because the bacteria they carry can kill rabbits, and because they are natural predators. Not specifically to rabbits, but in general. Any cross species relationship can be dangerous and risky. It only takes one moment.

Because the bacteria they carry can kill rabbits, and because they are natural predators. Not specifically to rabbits, but in general. Any cross species relationship can be dangerous and risky. It only takes one moment.

Oh, I trust my cats 100%. I guess it varies from cat to cat.

Oh, I trust my cats 100%. I guess it varies from cat to cat.

Aw. I hope she really is trustworthy.

My cat groomed Flash, and then just swiped him once and he died the next day. She wasn't aggressive or nasty to him and wanted to love him.

Let's just hope you cats never have the moment that many animals do :)

My cat groomed Flash, and then just swiped him once and he died the next day. She wasn't aggressive or nasty to him and wanted to love him.

Who died? The cat or Flash?

Although my cat is an absolute doll I wouldn't trust her with any of the animals! She is waiting for a chance to pounce at every opportunity. I can see it in her tail wagging! I know some people say that their cats love the other animals but they have the instinct to kill. I wouldn't trust Mitz at all.

Although we think we can trust our cats it can just take one swipe. My cat never bothered the bunnies but they would tease her and she would swipe at them, without bothering to move. We always monitered them together to make sure she never accidently caught their eye or something. So if I saw the bunnies where about to wind her up I would chase them away from her.
Our neighbours had a killer cat and no way could she be trusted even though my bunnies are big. Even my vet said it would only take one bite to the neck.

Last edited:
Although we think we can trust our cats it can just take one swipe. My cat never bothered the bunnies but they would tease her and she would swipe at them, without bothering to move. We always monitered them together to make sure she never accidently caught their eye or something. So if I saw the bunnies where about to wind her up I would chase them away from her.
Our neighbours had a killer cat and no way could she be trusted even though my bunnies are big. Even my vet said it would only take one bite to the neck.

I realised I didn't explain it properly.

We ever trusted the cat either. Never, ever ever. They were never allowed to interact or anything.

However, one time when Flash was running around the house she climbed into his hutch, went into the bed area and went to sleep. Next time I went back to the hutch she was in the day area, he was in the bed. It was too late by then, even though we tried to save him.

That was the first and last time my cat ever did anything like that.

And it was a day that haunts me every single day of my life. I'll never forgive myself for stuffing up and 'killing' Flash. I also don't blame our cat.

Just wanted to make it clear that yes, whilst it was my stuff up, it wasn't the obvious one.

I realised I didn't explain it properly.

We ever trusted the cat either. Never, ever ever. They were never allowed to interact or anything.

However, one time when Flash was running around the house she climbed into his hutch, went into the bed area and went to sleep. Next time I went back to the hutch she was in the day area, he was in the bed. It was too late by then, even though we tried to save him.

That was the first and last time my cat ever did anything like that.

And it was a day that haunts me every single day of my life. I'll never forgive myself for stuffing up and 'killing' Flash. I also don't blame our cat.

Just wanted to make it clear that yes, whilst it was my stuff up, it wasn't the obvious one.
That is so sad. We all make mistakes. Our cat passed away in October 2009.
But when I had my aunts cat for 2 months she was not allowed in the room when the bunnies had a run. Whenever the killer cat from next door came into the garden when they were running around freely I made sure she was well and truely chased away.

I had to take care of my cousins cats they were friendly with my rabbits but I never left them alone with them.
The cats were more scared of the rabbits than they were of them.

Back