• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker Training

Sazzii

Warren Scout
Hi, I'm going to start attempting to train my bun tomorrow :D

It's gonna be hard work, as she's really stubborn - but I was just wondering what treats you would recommend to use? There was a video on youtube where Sunflower Seeds were used, but I didn't think these were good buns?

Thank you for any help :wave:

Typed a long answer, then somehow it didn't post.

Banana Coins - £1.20 for 100g in Sainsburys, near the nuts in the fruit and veg section. No added sugar, just what is naturally in the fruit. You can cut them up into tiny bits too. It's the only treat food our two have been bothered about.

Raisins are a popular treat too, though more sugar.

Last edited:
Sunflower seeds are fattening so should only be given in small quantities. We use raisons, you need something bun will go mad for at first then they do it for nothing!
Check out our tricks so far, www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com I did try learning them to put toys away as people said that would be good, which they were doing good at but I didn't keep it up. Now im going to learn jumping. Heres some of our old ones though
http://www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com/tricks.html
http://www.hoppybunnyrabbit.com/12.html

Wow! I just checked out clicker training, and I think I'll try it once I socialize my new bun! I'd try maybe cheerios? Not the honey ones. People have said they work :)

I'm going to do this with my lot to teach them to go in their kennel when I tell them to!

wont work:lol:
they only do it for themselves. Mine no come and will anytime unless I really want them.
I am learning my newest one car which is pet carrier, no bother hops in anytime untill i need him to.
Down is get off something which they will if visitors come but if I have food and they want it no matter how many times i say down they climb further up!

When I want my bun to come to me I shake the raisin box and call her. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't - if she doesn't feel like coming nothing will budge her, not even a delicious raisin! :lol:

Back