• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine isn't eating :(

Graciee

Staff member
Feel like I can't catch a break tbh [emoji21]

Between Penelope care, Evelyn care, viewing places to rent.. And now this, I just want curl up in a ball :( i really hope she'll be okay :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh no Graciee, really sorry to hear this, don't know what to suggest, I guess you've tempted her with everything. Hope she'll pick up overnight. Big hugs for you, and lots of bunny vibes xxx

Thanks guys x

She's just pooped some weird ones with loads of fur in them, so I'm guessing that's the issue, she's nibbling some kale, gunna see if I can get her fully eating again. Hopefully passing those has helped. Buns are so stressful sometimes! Mine always seem to time it too [emoji38] I feel like I could sleep for a week [emoji51]

Bunnies really are stressful. :( All paws are crossed here.
Thank you xx
lots of vibes xx
Thanks xx

So she's taken a treat finally and nibbled some hay! So I'm hoping it was just those poops that needed to pass [emoji51] will keep an eye on her throughout the night, I'm up for Penelope anyway so it's not too bad. Evelyn now sleeps 9 solid hours every night, but I'm up for buns, honestly not sure what my life is anymore [emoji38]

Thank you xxThanks xx

So she's taken a treat finally and nibbled some hay! So I'm hoping it was just those poops that needed to pass [emoji51] will keep an eye on her throughout the night, I'm up for Penelope anyway so it's not too bad. Evelyn now sleeps 9 solid hours every night, but I'm up for buns, honestly not sure what my life is anymore [emoji38]

I am really impressed with Evelyn's sleeping 9 hours. Sorry you are not able to enjoy the down time from overnight cluster feedings and that Clem is not herself. Sending vibes that Clem is on the road to a full recovery now that she passed the fur and that Penelope will make steady improvements too.

I hope that Clementine is a lot better by now. Can you try to up her fluid intake in some way, more fresh veg/herbs ? A splash of pure unsweetened fruit juice in her water ? If Michaei is up for a fresh Dandelion/ Bramble leaves hunt feeding those may be helpful. Feeding them to Clem’ I mean, not to Michael !!:shock:

Sending lots of vibes xx

I'm really sorry to see that Clem is unwell. Hopefully it was just the fur and she will improve now.

Well done you for getting Evelyn to sleep so well during the night :love: That's so beneficial for all of you.

I hope too that things are improving with Penelope and Apricot this morning.

Try, amongst all of this, to have some 'me' time, otherwise it will all begin to feel overwhelming.

Sending lots of hugs.

:( :(

Poor clemmy and poor you :( sending lots of vibes for her. Hopefully you can get some rest soon. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone x

I'm really sorry to see that Clem is unwell. Hopefully it was just the fur and she will improve now.

Well done you for getting Evelyn to sleep so well during the night :love: That's so beneficial for all of you.

I hope too that things are improving with Penelope and Apricot this morning.

Try, amongst all of this, to have some 'me' time, otherwise it will all begin to feel overwhelming.

Sending lots of hugs.

Clementine is springy this morning [emoji7] she seems to be eating too.. I hate that she does this, but thankful it didn't last long!

I can't take credit, we have a routine, which we do wake windows and naps on a schedule, which sets us up for a long stretch over night, rather than whenever she feels like it [emoji38] she's much happier now though and has less over tired meltdowns so I think it's been beneficial for us all tbh :) babies and sleep is so hard! We have a nap /sleep routine too, and she's getting better at putting herself to sleep with minimal reassurance now too, I'm hoping she'll learn to be a good sleeper, I was a terrible one as a child and I was always scared, don't want that for her.

How wonderful that Clementine is eating again:love:
I know how stressful it is to care for both a sick rabbit and a small child, especially when you don't get enough (or any ) sleep :cry:
And I'm really impressed that Evelyn sleeps 9 hours!

Last edited:
How wonderful that Clementine is eating again:love:
I know how stressful it is to care for both a sick rabbit and a small child, especially when you don't get enough (or any ) sleep :cry:
And I'm really impressed that Evelyn sleeps 9 hours!

Awh thank you :)

I know with the two buns and the baby needing me, it's a lot.

I'm so proud of her tbh, 9 hours at 12 weeks old is amazing considering at 9 weeks she was up all night and wouldn't go to sleep at all. I was convinced she was trying to kill us [emoji38][emoji38] took about a week to get into the routine, then she's been great ever since and it's just got better and better tbh

Back