• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning litter trays...

I just use hay. The fresh hay goes in the rack above the tray, and any left over or swept up hay goes in the tray.
In the past I've used aubiose which makes cleaning the tray a little easier, but it was a pain to store.

Just got 2 of these rubber doormats on the way home from work...

Black Rubber Ring a Link Outdoor Doormat 40cm x 60cm by Rugs Supermarket http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00483BKQI/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_JJoftb1K53WFY

I've put a layer of newspaper, then a later of wood pellet litter then another few sheets of newspaper then the mat on top and then hay!! Hope that does the trick!! Both trays had been dug at the end where they tend to wee so there was just soggy newspaper there as everything else had been dig up!! Strange bunnies... It's not as easy as I thought cleaning in a shed, when there's 4 bunnies round ur feet :lol:

yes, i've never known them not have megazorb. they don't have any burns green oat hay, though :evil:

I was really pleased when I found out they did hay bales but I went twice and they didn't have any and couldn't tell me when they'd be getting any! So I gave up, then I found the place near work which I've been using since Summer now and they still have a supply. How much is the megazorb then and does it come in a big bale sized package? Actually just remembered there's a horse shop right near me :lol: will call in there too, I used to get shavings from them before i learnt!!

I use auboise. I think it's hemp based litter used for horses. I buy it from the local horse supply farm. It's £16.00 for a massive bag and it's lasted me ages. I change my litters every day so couldn't tell you how absorbent it is over a number of days. Only downside is storing it. I had to stop using newspaper as buns kept pulling it out and eating it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the doormats seem to have worked for now :thumb: There was evidence of digging in the corner where the mat didn't cover but she could only do minimal damage! I'll put the mats right to the back next time as that seems to be where she likes to dig! I got some more wood pellet litter so I'll just stick with that for now and see how it goes. Not looking forward to cleaning the mats tho :? Hosing them would be easiest I suppose but my hose pipe isn't easily accessible right now!

Glad the mats have helped. I've started buying wood pellet litter meant for horses from my feed place, it works out much cheaper for the same stuff :thumb:

Glad the mats have helped. I've started buying wood pellet litter meant for horses from my feed place, it works out much cheaper for the same stuff :thumb:

Ooh didn't know u could get it for horses! Will have to do a bit of investigating :thumb: I do like it as it's nice and heavy and so absorbant, even after a week there'd still be loads of wood pellets that hadn't even got wet. And it doesn't smell bad at all. I never had any issues with flies even in the Summer

Ooh didn't know u could get it for horses! Will have to do a bit of investigating :thumb: I do like it as it's nice and heavy and so absorbant, even after a week there'd still be loads of wood pellets that hadn't even got wet. And it doesn't smell bad at all. I never had any issues with flies even in the Summer

The stuff I got is blue ribbon horse bedding wood pellets, mines in a 15kg bag. They had it in stock at the horse feed place I go to :thumb:

I clean the litter tray every morning, newspaper in the bottom with a layer of hemp bedding ( about to switch to megazorb) and then put the hay in the hay rack above it. What they don't eat ends up in the tray

I found Megazorb a bit dusty and I didn't like the smell/feel. Finished up chucking it out.

Hmm I'm sticking with the wood pellets for now, if I can make the trays last a bit longer I'll stick with it as it's easier to store too with it only coming in 30l bags :D Will see what the little monkeys have been upto when I get home :lol: I've had to put a hook to stop one of the boxes in the trofast coming out (the one over the open part so can see why!) as one of them had kept pushing it out! Luckily not all the way out as it's got newspaper in so not only would they have made a mess but might have bopped one of them on the head :shock: I'm really missing watching them whilst I'm at work :( Finding it so nice to be able to watch them on the monitor and see how they behave when they think nobody's watching :lol:

Back