• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chicken hutch, good or bad idea for rabbits?

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
The 6 x 2 x 2 hutch and attached run is a much better idea as this would give the bunnies more room than the chicken coop.

Avoid the chicken coops as they do not offer a decent sized protected area and are also made of soft wood which does not last. Instead use the money for something which will last. The 6 foot x 2 foot hutches are a good size with an attatched run.

If you have the space get a 6 x 4 shed and add a run to it, often works out cheaper than a decent sized hutch and run

Just lost an auction on ebay for a 6x2x2foot hutch with cover! Thinking about getting a chicken hutch type settup instead. Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-Poultry...t=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item439fddd54e

However I have been looking to buy a 6x2x2foot hutch with a seperate 6x4x2 run so that I can easily move the run around the garden to different patches of grass. I have a bad back you see :c

It will house 2 mini lops :rabbit2:

Thank you for your advice! :bunny:

Back