• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing!!!!!!!!

lja401

Warren Scout
Noel is chewing the carpet, chairs etc all the time!!!! We have toys for him and have sprayed the stuff with the anti chewing. What else can we do?? Would it help to get him a female friend? He has been neutered.

Thank you,

x

All buns are natural born chewers/diggers as in the wild this is not only a fun pass time but they chew to test things.
He may well be doing it for attention, I know Jimbles does, if my husband and I are watching tv and not paying him any attention sometimes he will act up.
When he does chew the carpet what is your reaction?

how about giving him extra chew toys and a digging box or letting him have a run in the garden where he can chew and tunnels of his own? also a friend may well help keep him occupied if he is looking for attention but if he is jsut being naughty it will depend on if he ropes her in too!! lol in saying that i always find bunnies are hapier in pairs xx

When he chews we have shouted NO, have clapped our hands and have picked him to remove him from where he was chewing. Nothing works :(

We have found the word 'OI' seems to be good with Jims when he is being naughty :lol:
Try not to shout, just use a stern voice so he knows whos boss.
Then turn he away from what he is doing.

Back