• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Che Passed Away

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Che. You didn't let him down; you did all you could. Look after yourself, Rowan... grief hurts.

Rowan I am so very sorry to read you lost your lovely boy :(

You must forgive yourself as there is nothing you could have done. You did all you could for him and gave him great love during his time with you.

Run free Che xx

Evening All,

Thank you again for your wishes. My interviews went ok. I've had better days obviously. I did put Che back with Alexandra - she nuzzled him & I could tell she knew he was gone. Now that I am thinking more clearly I am going to see if I can get him cremated tomorrow.

She seems ok tonight, she had never been super human oriented so it's a little difficult to tell.

Thank you all, I know I don't contribute a lot so your wishes do mean everything.

I miss him, out of my 3 bunnies he was the one who was most human oriented, he loved what I can only describe as full body massages.

I will have to think about the longer term & quickly, but I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so very sorry xxx please dont blame yourself....you did all you could and he was with you.....which would have meant the world to him, being safe at home and loved. Xxxrun free Che xxx

Thank you all, I comfort myself by knowing that they originally wanted to keep him in overnight but there is no night cover so he would have been alone & scared in a scary environment, as it was he died in my arms. I have just spoken to the crematorium and that is all sorted. What made me think about it was partly the practicality of burying a 6kg Rabbit!

Thank you again. Che came home today:

3871b48f1f1c5d3e212a00ee4f2f3228.jpg

The only slight issue being I left his carrier at the crematorium! And it's a 40 minute drive! Doh.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I still cry when I think about my baby rat. He lived in my pocket when I was on homeless, and I dread loosing my bunny more than anything else in the world. I know it's stupid, but I like to think that when my time comes there'll all be waiting for me. God bless, and I hope he's in a better place where there's always someone to play with, and the treats are always the best. Be kind to yourself 😔 it's a horrible thing

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

That is a lovely casket Rowan. Did the crematorium provide it? Rosie's ashes are to be placed with her beloved BJ's and I am looking for a casket. The ones at the crematorium my vet's use come back sealed so you can't add ashes to it. I didn't want to risk sending BJ's ashes with Rosie in case they got lost or separated.

Hi Vanessa, yes I used Lakeview Pet Cremations just outside Peterborough & the casket was provided. I think it was quite expensive & the engraving more so (probably about £45 for the casket & engraving), but it was worth it, it's nice heavy quality & sits well with my furniture a lot if which is old dark wood.

Back