• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chasing when bonding...

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
How much chasing and fur pulling is acceptable? I'm attempting to bon Jack and Giz again. Jack seems to like pulling fur out of giz while mounting/trying to mount him.

Well Jack is still being a little sod, but I put apple sauce on theirs heads and Gizmo is now grooming him. Will jack now chill a bit?

My 3 chased each other for 2 days. I intervened when Belle looked scared, when they were finally bonded the chasing went on for a few more days but they are fine now!

I tried not to intervene too much as there was no aggression....i think it bothered me more than any of them, then they just stopped, had some tea and were fine! :)

Well, I kept them together overnight (supervised) and jack is still doing the chasing/humping.. Gizmo doesn't seem to bothered and just runs away, he's eating/drinking etc... Have seem them groom eachother once.

Last edited:
I would actually say that it sounds like it's going well. If they're grooming and eating together, then the chasing is just a normal behaivour that will probably settle down in a couple of days. Even bonded rabbits will chase occasionally. They need to work out their heirarchy when they're first bonded, once they've done that things settle down... but if they never get a chance to do that, then they'll never settle, so it's really good to just let them get on with it.

Well we are into day 3ish.. and he's still chasing, its worse than yesterday. Still no agression and Gizmo seems fine.

Carry on with it?

Well we are into day 3ish.. and he's still chasing, its worse than yesterday. Still no agression and Gizmo seems fine.

Carry on with it?

I think they need to sort it out for themselves. We still get a bit of chasing now, but one or other of them deals with it. I am always wary of upsetting the balance unless there is danger or agression. :?

I just thought they would have sorted it out by now, Gizmo is clearly the submissive one. hmm rabbits confuse me. Neither have been agressive yet and they've spent 2 nights together and have not been seperated.

Jack was done 4 weeks ago, I read the 'no nonsence' thread and it says there 2 weeks is enough, even my vet said 2 weeks is fine. I don't think its hormones.

Hmm, I always worry that if you intervene you will set the process back though :?

I don't think 2 nights together istoo long. Some buns just take a while longer than others.

Is he humping? :oops:

Just stick with it, all sounds normal. As long as neither bun is getting too stressed I wouldn't separate them. How small is the space they are in?

Back