• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie, my brave little girl! UPDATE 28/07/2009 - she has gone to Rainbow Bridge now

Charlie has now been on steroids for six weeks and is still doing so well! Since being on the new kind longer lasting steroids (three weeks), she has not had any episodes of relaps/seizures at all! I am so happy that she is doing so well. She is still not putting weight on and is very skinny, but it doesn't seem to stop her from enjoying herself and being happy! :love:

Vera

Tonight I came home and found Charlie had collapsed! I knew immediately that there was nothing more that I could do for my little girl. She has finally lost her battle!

I bedded her comfortably and stayed with her. She was comfortable, not in distress and breathing calmly! I wanted her to die here at home, not at the vet's where she would be frightened and where she would have felt Magic's distress too. I stayed with her a couple of hours, then I just went toilet quickly and when I came back she had gone!

I am devastated, even more so as her death comes just 24 hours after River's very untimely death last night... On the other hand, Charlie's brain is all healthy again now and River and her first husbun Apollo will be waiting for her!

Sleep tight, my little angel! We will miss you lots and Magic will feel very lonely too without you bossing him around!

Last edited:
Tonight I came home and found Charlie had collapsed! I knew immediately that there was nothing more that I could do for my little girl. She has finally lost her battle!

I bedded her comfortably and stayed with her. She was comfortable, not in distress and breathing calmly! I wanted her to die here at home, not at the vet's where she would be frightened and where she would have felt Magic's distress too. I stayed with her a couple of hours, then I just went toilet quickly and when I came back she had gone!

I am devastated, even more so as her death comes just 24 hours after River's very untimely death last night... On the other hand, Charlie's brain is all healthy again now and River will be waiting for her!

Sleep tight, my little angel! We will miss you lots and Magic will feel very lonely too without you bossing him around!

Oh Vera :cry: :cry: :cry:

What a dreadful 48 hours you have had :cry: :cry: :cry:

Binky free Charlie, River will look after you

xx

Back