• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charcoal biscuits and wheetabix and home made treats

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Would you give these to your rabbit? Apparently I've been told they are good for digestion. Opinions?Also I have been saving the bottom of hay packets to bake some healthy treats. What are your home made treats? I see people bake hay and various other yummies mixed with banana. Is there something healthier than banana to form the cookies?

Home made treats I would, but not charcoal biscuits or wheetabix personally. There are quite a few threads about home made treats, but I've never tried making any.

Would you give these to your rabbit? Apparently I've been told they are good for digestion. Opinions?Also I have been saving the bottom of hay packets to bake some healthy treats. What are your home made treats? I see people bake hay and various other yummies mixed with banana. Is there something healthier than banana to form the cookies?

I don't give treats as such ... mine get a sprig of herbs (coriander or dill) or something similar. Just now to entice a rabbit indoors I pulled a sprig of mint from the garden. They can usually really go mad for a piece of cherry tomato picked from the garden.

I don't particularly like dried treats. I prefer the 'natural' stuff :lol:

I wouldn't give charcoal biscuits or wheetabix.
I've made my own treats for the girls. Made from dust from bottom of their dry food bag, dust from bottom of hay bag and some Ellas Kitchen baby food to make it all stick.

823dcab68dbc560f3348b2e8afba0b27.jpg

040ee687fa82a2717affdc77fabf00a6.jpg

The girls loved them. I'll try to find the link on to forum for you as I posted a thread with baking times etc.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You could start a little home enterprise !! It's a great idea and no nasty additives :D
Haha not sure anyone I know would actually buy them, they don't spoil their pets like I've do.

The gerbil and hamster do enjoy these treats too

I tried to make some and Charlie ate them however they looked nothing like yours lol it looked like a cow pat lol !

I tried to make some and Charlie ate them however they looked nothing like yours lol it looked like a cow pat lol !
So long as he likes them that's all that matters :)
It'll get better with time. There might have been too much baby food in it, next time try adding a little less baby food and see how it goes.

Back