• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change in behavior... :/

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
Heya :wave: a little advice needed...

Me and the little 'uns have been having a lovely time lately, they've really come out of their shells, especially towards my little brother, and they loved all the treats they got yesterday, as it was their first birthday, :love::thumb: however their behavior has been changing lately, and I just wondered if it meant anything?

---1) Mercedes has stopped drinking during the day, she won't drink until the dead of night, I've been soaking her veggies and giving extra bowls as well as their bottles to try and make her drink during the day, but she won't unless I give it to her by hand. :(

---2) They've not been sleeping much... no matter what time I creep out there, whether it's 3am or 3pm, they're awake, they only seem to sleep between 10pm and 12pm, which is when I thought they'd still be awake, being crepsecular or however you spell it; they're always sunbathing on their ledge during the day, but how much sleep should they have? :?

---3) They're really active between 1am and 3am, in the dead of night, binking, stomping, running, and rattling the cage. They never used to do this, but over the past two weeks they have, its soooooooooo noisy, I'm worried it'll bother the neighbours, I've tried covering them with blankets to dull the noise, but it stresses them out if more than 1/2 the hutch/run is covered, and they go mental and seem really scared if they can't see the stars, so I don't know what to do. There's no foxes in this area, and only 2 cats which come in our garden, one of them being my kitty, whom they get on with really well, so I really can't tell what's causing this. :oops::oops:

---4) Argh the *ahem* humping :oops:... I know I need to get them spayed, and I will be in the near future, but they've been doing it more and more often... is there anything I can do in the mean-time? They're not fighting or hurting each other, but it has resulted in a couple of false pregnancies. :roll:

---5) They've been hoarding their food (the end of the world provisions? :lol:) They have a small platform which I feed them on, all their grass/veg/pellets/treats etc. but lately they've been carrying it bit by bit into the 'burrows' underneath their downstairs platform, and pilling it up in the back of their plastic run box thingy, to eat later, or to leave until it goes off? (does grass go off? XD :?) Is this normal? To pile their food up together in a little pile...:?

On a plus side, their litter training is realllllly good, they wee entirely in their litter tray, and poop in it, and one other place, which is brilliant, I rewarded them with a piece of banana last time I cleaned them out ;)

Lastly, do any of your buns enjoy being picked up? 'Cause every post I read says buns don't like it... but mine do, they hop up on the sofa and climb up on me, or when I pick them up they just look to relaxed, and on my lap they groom themselves, each other, and me :lol::roll: ...Do I have strange bunnies or are there others out there who's babies like cuddles?

Sorry it's soooo long :oops::oops:

Hiya :wave:

They sound like right little characters :D

Maybe this will all settle down once they have been spayed. It did calm mine down and I'm glad to say that their characters stayed the same.

Hopefully someone can give you an idea of what is going on x

Back