• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat and fix problems

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
I have 2 rabbits, my male keeps escaping the garden (I have searched and watched and can't find how)a where I live is over run with cats (next door takes in strays aswell as other neighbours having cats) they are always stalking my rabbits, yesterday Sam went on a jolly again and got chased back by 6 cats I went running out there and beat them away, my worry is that if I'm not in and he escapes his run again what would happen to him, not only do I have cats to content with there is now a resident fox that takes an interest in them! I am overly worriesd for their safety but don't want to lock them up so they have no access to their run ;( any advice would be more then welcome

Can you not make your rabbit run foxproof? Either mesh under the turf or put it on paving slabs, or put some slabs round the outside of the run? This would stop Sam digging out and any foxes or cats digging in or catching him when he's out.

Please please please, make sure your rabbits won't get hurt.. My male rabbit died due to chase by a neighbor cat, it was a very terrible experience for me and I never forget it. If the ground is lawn, it's very easy for them to dig out and the other predators to dig in. I understand you want them to have more exercises, but you will be worried all the time when you are out.. What about getting them a bigger cage with lock, so no need a run, then when you are back you can let them out with your watch?

The run is already on.paving slabs for the life of me I cannot understand how he is getting out, the only thing I can imagine is that me neighbour is getting over the fence (she hates rabbits told me the upset her cats) there is no way he can get out with out someone letting him, I double checked everything again yesterday, he has a big enclosure but gets upset if he can't get into his run and pulls all his fur out

My goodness!! If your neighbor hates rabbits you never know what is gonna happen to your rabbit, the next minute can change everything... Would you be able to move your rabbits inside your house? I personally dont think is safe to place the rabbit outside, as there are many crazy people around which you don't know what they're going to do with your pet, especially rabbits are prey animal...

Don't wanna upset you, but if you see this news, you might not want to put your rabbits outside anymore. http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...ter-torture-and-death-of-stolen-pet-1-6877325

I really wish you can find a solution quick to protect your rabbit. Good luck!!

I've had Sam inside and willow but he sits by the door wanting to go out and doesn't eat until hes allowed out ;(

She's asked me to keep my toddler in because she doesn't like children and doesn't like the fact when she goes outside she laughs!

We rescued Sam and willow and she hates it, my house is detached and my gardens big so don't even see why any of it bothers her
I am really very worried about San escaping (willow won't she's scared of everything because of a previous owner) I am seriously considering if they are better off at a new home away from the evil nasty lady next door, it.would break my heart but I could never forgive myself If anything happened to either of them

if you think someone is letting you bunny out perhaps you need to add some padlocks to the doors / access points? can you post some pics of your set up so maybe we can all have a look and check for bunny escape points maybe?
A few yeasrs back I couldnt figure out how my bun was transferring himself into a neighbouring cage set up until I realised he was actually climbing up the mesh like spider man!!! xx

Is there any way of setting up a camera so you can be certain what is happening? If it is your neighbour then you will have proof and can surely call the police for trespassing?

Back