• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cardboard Castles - worth buying? u/d 27 Doughnut likes it!

Well she does love it but I've to cut it down to one level. She can get up stairs but can't get down so went up to the top level and then was too scared to jump through the hole to the next level down, had to take a side off and rescue her.

Since then she's gone to the first level and jumps out the window, won't go down the hole. So I've cut it down to a one level castle and made the window a bit larger with a vet bed underneath the window as her mattress to fall on. She's also decided she loves digging in it and ripping the cardboard off the inside, so not sure how long it will now last. Put hay in it to distract her from cardboard stripping.

This sounds hilarious, Doughnut jumping out the window :lol::lol:

This sounds hilarious, Doughnut jumping out the window :lol::lol:

She does it all the time now and jumps in too. She tried to get in one of the windows I hadn't cut and her bum got stuck, so I had to shove her bum in! It was funny. I don't want to cut all of the windows bigger though. Ah she's a really little fatty bum bum now, put on even more weight:love:

Depends on the bunny I guess, but genereally, I'd say no. I know how my bunnies are with a cardboard box and they really so just shred it to bits, so I'd rather give them a freebie box than one I paid £15 for! :lol:

I keep looking at castles....probably more for my novelty than Flo's plus i think she'd be far too big to use it (was gonna get one for mums bun but she didnt look impressed when i suggested it!!)

Flo has a strong cardboard box i pinched from a delivery at work, she loves hiding in it, dragging it around, stripping the card off the inside. I joined her cat tunnel to it too and hid some treats inside it too

Next plan is to fill a big box with straw and paper in the hope that she digs that up rather than my carpet!!

Please show us some pics of Doughnut playing castles, sounds adorable!!

Are cardboard castles an indoor bunny toy? I'm guessing if they were outside they would get wet? They do look like fun, I think my two would love it as they love climbing on things. But they live outside and obviously the weather is getting worse now, maybe I should wait for their birthdays next April...

Please show us some pics of Doughnut playing castles, sounds adorable!!

Here she is! Princess Doughnut.

2013-09-05103238_zpsb601d32a.jpg

2013-09-05103859_zps1d5d5d03.jpg

2013-09-05103651_zpsec127113.jpg

Do you think my fatties will fit through the holes and entrances in it? If you can imagine what 2.3 and 3.3kg bunnies look like! Or if anyone with bunnies that size has a castle do yours fit through?? I have a feeling these castles are designed for the more petite rabbit!!

Do you think my fatties will fit through the holes and entrances in it? If you can imagine what 2.3 and 3.3kg bunnies look like! Or if anyone with bunnies that size has a castle do yours fit through?? I have a feeling these castles are designed for the more petite rabbit!!

You could always make the entrances bigger, I cut one of the windows a bit bigger as she won't go down the hole inside as she can't go down stairs she's scared! They would fit through the hole as it's quite big, don't think they are suppose to jump out of the windows like Doughnut does but she tried jumping in one and her bum got stuck! The levels are sturdy.

Like I've said I've had to cut it right down as Doughnut can't get back down from the top level so you can just make your own adjustments.

Mine get through fine and they're alot bigger than doughnut. They've chewed some of the holes themselves so it's easier though. :)

Yes Doughnut has done some interior design too, she didn't like the wallpaper inside obviously, prefers the peeling off look.

You could always make the entrances bigger, I cut one of the windows a bit bigger as she won't go down the hole inside as she can't go down stairs she's scared! They would fit through the hole as it's quite big, don't think they are suppose to jump out of the windows like Doughnut does but she tried jumping in one and her bum got stuck! The levels are sturdy.

Like I've said I've had to cut it right down as Doughnut can't get back down from the top level so you can just make your own adjustments.

Good idea, if Doughnut's bum couldn't fit through I doubt my twos' bums will, especially Lilly's, she has a massive bottom! I reckon I'll just have to make some adjustments! Glad to know the levels are sturdy, they shouldn't buckle then!!! Harvey especially loves boxes but I think they look really untidy laying around the house so it would be nice to have something more aesthetically pleasing temporarily (temporarily because he will shred it eventually and I will have to go back to ordinary boxes!) they love to climb too, so this looks like a great potential birthday present :D I'm going to get Lilly something to throw too, I don't think she'll manage to throw this which will highly disappoint her! :lol:

Doughnut looks so cute looking out through the windows!!

Good idea, if Doughnut's bum couldn't fit through I doubt my twos' bums will, especially Lilly's, she has a massive bottom! I reckon I'll just have to make some adjustments! Glad to know the levels are sturdy, they shouldn't buckle then!!! Harvey especially loves boxes but I think they look really untidy laying around the house so it would be nice to have something more aesthetically pleasing temporarily (temporarily because he will shred it eventually and I will have to go back to ordinary boxes!) they love to climb too, so this looks like a great potential birthday present :D I'm going to get Lilly something to throw too, I don't think she'll manage to throw this which will highly disappoint her! :lol:
Doughnut looks so cute looking out through the windows!!

Doughnut has grabbed hold of the drawbridge and pulled the castle around so Lilly may have a go!

It's funny as she never digs but she likes digging in there for some reason, at the walls and on the ground. I've put a bit of cardboard on the bottom too as she loves lying on cardboard.

Back