• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

canopy over hutch area?

i doubt that would last long with the current weather and high winds. would be good for shade in the summer though

I have a huge hutch so would have to get a cover made which won't be cheap and the tarp I have is too noisy and holding tarp down is always a problem hence the idea of a canopy but yes the wind is always going to be a problem

my tarp gets held down with 2 slabs each side, with a piece of wood holding the tarp flat. The wood is butted against the side of the run like a skirting board and the slabs hold the tarp and wood in place, worked well as It hasnt budged in even the fiercest of winds,,,

I use builders roofing plastic stuff and I bought a staple gun so staple it to the hutch. I did use tarpualin but found it leaks after a while.

Yeah, i agree, i have builders polythene heavy duty sheets from BandQ underneath the tarp and thankfully its bone dry.... havent a clue how though!!!

I use builders roofing plastic stuff and I bought a staple gun so staple it to the hutch. I did use tarpualin but found it leaks after a while.

What do you use over the front of the hutch and how do you keep it down? I wanted to be able to see the bunnies hence I thought canopy would be better idea. I spoke to a tarp company about glass clear tarp for front but they said it wouldn't last too well and again it's the attaching problem.

Back