• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Candle Ceremony 31~December~2023

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Welcome to the Candle Ceremony thread for 2023. As always, here is where we remember all our loved ones, be they animal or human family, who have passed over the Rainbow Bridge into Paradise this year.
Whatever our belief systems, our cultures or our experiences in life, there is one thing that brings us all together; the deep loss we feel when someone we have loved is no longer with us. Therefore, please come here to remember, to cry a little (or a lot), to think fondly of, express everlasting love for and post your precious ones' memories, photos, poems or just missing you vibes for those who will forever be in your hearts. 💕

For myself, this year brought with it the hardest goodbye I've ever had to say. 😢

My beautiful Jenna...I will never stop loving you and missing you. There are no words strong enough to express my continued sorrow at your absence from my life...and my deep regret at how you left it. I hope Heaven is all we've dreamed it will be and that I will see you again when it is my time to come to you. 😢

You will always be my dearest forever friend. You helped me through so much in the 13 years we shared. I would have given anything to know you as a baby and get the two years back that we missed being together. But I'm so grateful you came into my life at all. You've changed me, hopefully for the better, and I can never go back to who I was. I'm empty without you, and that is how I will stay.
Love you to beyond the farthest stars, Beanie Boo. ❤️💔❤️💔

1000007475.jpg

And of course I cannot post here without remembering the all too brief time that I shared with my rescued feral cat, Sultan...a.k.a. Sully Monster.

I still look for you at the door, think of you each time I pull out a can of cat food for Squeegee, or see a finch or chickadee fly past who I don't need to worry about you catching.
Your bowl and fork are still on the countertop. Your comb, too, I can't bear to dispose of them.
I just found the video I made of you during the eclipse, where I so prophetically mentioned that whatever time we had-be it long or short- we'd make the most of and enjoy it to the full. You kept reaching up and putting your paws on my knees. Maybe you were trying to warn me just how short it would be.😥
Thank you for helping me not fall into a pit of despair after Jenna left us. I'm so sorry we couldn't bring you fully home like I promised. I will never forget how sweet and strong you were despite the disease that took you from me. I hope you're whole and healthy again and enjoying warm, sunny days without end. You deserved them...so very much. 💔
1000005786.jpg

I know this thread is going up a bit early. Due to the time difference between America and the UK I figured it would be okay.
I will probably add a candle and perhaps a few more photos to this post later. 😊

I will be thinking of everyone on RU at this solemn and introspective time and wishing you all a peaceful and happy New Year. Bless you and thank you again for being my extended family. May the memories you leave here be of comfort to you and bring more smiles than tears in the years to come. 🥰 xxxxx

The 17th September 2023 was the day I had to let my big, brave, beautiful Aoife go. She was such a gentle soul and despite her dreadful start in life incarcerated in a Meat Farm she never once showed any aggression. I will hold her in my heart forever ❤️🌈❤️

IMG_1819.png

My sweet, little, pigheaded black Fury died on May 8th, 11 years old. She was my very first rabbit and I learned so much from her. So much attitude in such a little bundle.

Two days ago I had to bury Chantal, a quirky girl, great digger and escape artist, well known in my neighbourhood from me crawling through brushes looking for her. Most times she was somewhere at the fence to the front yard, admiring my buck.
Half a year ago I bought her to the vet because she acted out of character, digging to exhaustion, not listening, etc., she found something on her ovaries but before I could consider options EC struck and almost killed her, took 2 months to get her to hop fairly straight again, but some head tilt and weight loss remained. She died when I was away, the mother of the teen that cares for my rabbits called me, her daughter was in tears. Worst thing that can happen when you care for someone elses animals, I guess. Did my best to console and reassure her that she does a great job, and that was just life happening.

One thing my rabbits teach me is dealing with loss, now there are 5 little graves under the walnut tree. At least a little. I still can't deal with that fear of loss I had all my life, I don't think I'll ever dare to have a dog, or let any human get close to me. With 6 rabbits now life always goes on, somehow. Still 6 mouths to feed, 6 reasons to get up in the morning.

Well, that was the easy part.

My father died on Sept. 16th. He was 79, and his Alzheimers really picked up pace after the cancer treatment 3 years ago. He was bedridden the last year, and in a nursery home the last 3 weeks, my mother cared for him at home until the point where it just wasn't possible anymore, and then still went there almost every day. After he died she lived at my sisters for 2 months, and returned from the US just 2 weeks before christmas.
I still don't know what I feel, mostly guilt. For not remembering how he was in his prime, it was such a slow and gradual parting, and I emotionally distanced myself from them, and anyone, more than 30 years ago. I feel guilty for disappointing their hopes, working class people doing everything so their kids will have it better, and I kinda wasted that gift. And always felt bad about it, all my life.
My sister is over here now, she and mom are going back to the US on Jan. 9th for 3 months. Time for me to come into the clear, somewhat.

Attachments

• Chantal 2023-2.jpg
    Chantal 2023-2.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 3
  • Fury young.jpg
    Fury young.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
MimzMum, Liz47, Inspector Morse, Preitler, Graciee,

I am sorry for your losses. May your loved ones rest in peace.
♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️🕯️♥️♥️

Thinking of all of you, who lost loved ones this past year, whilst I remember my beautiful bunnies Toffee and Treacle, never forgotten, always loved ❤️❤️

Back