• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can you burn rabbit waste?????

My compost bins are all full so I've been using the brown bin for the bunny waste over the past few weeks :oops:

I'm planning on massively expanding my composting facilities - maybe a big row of pallet bins. I was amazed at how much waste bunnies generate when I first got Daisy!

I went up to our local tip and asked where I could put it. I was asked what it consisted of and when she realised there was no paper, just hay , megazorb and droppings she told me just to put it in the far corner of the skip with the neckof the bag tied, and when possible to alert the guys there so that they wouldn't have to bother going through it for recyclable stuff like they do with the normal bin bags dumped in there.

We burn ours in our wood burner in the house! :lol: It burns really well cos we use wood pellets for the litter trays. Certainly saves quite a bit of wood for us too! :lol:

OOOHHH I never thought of that! We've a woodburner too!:D

it's excellent. Once the fire is going just pop some on and it glows really nicely!! We get rid of all our rabbit waste that way now as our compost bins are full!! :D

I'll try it tomorrow...Daft question now follows..will I have to dry it out? Some of the hay gets damp..

What I haven't room on my compost pile for gets bagged up and put in the ordinary household wheelie bin.

Are you not supposed to do that? :shock:

Not that I care! :lol:

Back