• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can rabbits use cat flaps?

neenanddean

New Kit
Hi,
We are adding an outdoor run to our bunnies' summer house home. Has any one managed to get their bunnies to use a cat flap or should we just cut a hole? It'd be great if they could get in and out the whole time.
Advice appreciated :)

Yes mine do. It didn't take them long to work it out either. I had to push it open a few times but they quickly go the hang of it. :D

My lote will use the cat flap but it took them a while to get into it! If they won't, you can always just tie it open during the day.

A cat flap on a shed, with an attached run, is a great idea. I personally would not want my house bunnies exiting the house via a cat flap, without supervision in the garden. There are risks with foxes out in daylight in cities.

My two use a catflap with no problems, only took them a few minutes to figure it out. It's so funny watching them when they have supervised time in the garden, they do a lap round the garden which includes flying into the run, through the catflap and out through the playhouse!

Back